1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Louie" on FX — Anyone watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 1, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The latest episode is my favorite so far. Also, like PR, loved that he brought his TV wife from Lucky Louie into it. I dig that chick big time.

Couldn't care less about NYC inconsistencies. Still funny as hell to me.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I've watched every episode - and still have no idea what to make of it. I'm not even sure I'd call them "episodes" ... more like weekly brief vignettes. Still, I'm laughing more than I'm not, so I'll keep tuning in.

Good thing for networks like FX (which also airs the Lantaur-approved Justified).

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Holy shit, this episode was one of the strangest episodes of TV I've ever seen, and I loved it. The scene where he's checking in at the airport had me laughing my ass off.

In a weird way, it's like a tense drama. I find myself waiting to see what the next line is, where it's going to go.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I really like this show, and liked this week, although it wasn't my favorite.
    It was so over-the-top absurd it was funny, though; the airport desk clerk's deadpan reaction to the plane crash, the tiny, tiny glass of water, the huge seatmate and the way they became friends after the awful turbulence.
    The Alabama portion (and this comes from someone who lived in Birmingham for 5 years) was just bizarre. It wasn't necessarily picking fun at Southerners (although only Alabamians would care about a B-ham-Mobile rivalry), but just strange.
    Either way, love the show. So unpredictable and funny.

5. JackReacher

Same here. Loved that episode. His reaction to the turbulence was fantastic. "Fucking goddamn whore!!!"

6. highlander

highlander Member

The kiss at the end was very strange.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

To me this show is like Curb Your Enthusiasm: New York. (Have I posted about this before?) Except with Larry David's show, I genuinely laugh at his predicaments. "Oh, Larry, you've gotten yourself into another mess. HAHA." With Louis, I don't laugh as much and basically feel sorry for the guy. He's too sad-sack for me.

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Sorry. I heard this show was really funny so I tuned in the other night, the one about him going South. I watched for about 10 minutes with no laughs. Only heard the F word about 25 times. I turned it off. I don't see it. It must be a college boy type of humor.

9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

HAHAHAHAHA @ Louis CK being college boy type of humor.

It's not a big deal if you don't like/get a certain type of humor, but college boy?

10. JackReacher

Which F word is that?

And Louis CK is about as far from college boy humor as anyone could be.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Curb's new season is filming in nyc right now.
    louie isn't for the masses but i've really enjoyed it so far.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

From AV Club:
    —Fans of C.K awesomeness: the stand-up’s performance film Hilarious debuts on Video on Demand and online at www.epixhd.com on September 18th and will air on Comedy Central and be released on DVD next year. I saw it at Sundance and can vouch that it lives up to its subtitle.

Draft saved Draft deleted