1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Louie" on FX — Anyone watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Loved Lucky Louie, loved the stand-up and now love the new show. He doesn't disappoint me at all, he's solid gold.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Louis C.K. is easily the favorite comedian of other comedians, which is just about as high a compliment as you can get. Now, I'd like to see him get some mainstream success so he can be as rich as he is talented.

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

So what you're all saying is we'll know half of Dane Cook's set when he does his next tour?

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I watched the first two episodes last night and still not sure what to think. I'll keep watching as it at least interested me. (I had read that the whole gay talking part was done very well, so that piqued my interest ... certainly not something you see on TV every day, that's for sure.)

5. Mizzougrad96

That's funny. I read an interview with Louis C.K. a couple years ago and he said he was satisfied that Cook didn't rip him off. He said something to the extent of, "I don't think what happened was intentional. It's not like he's Carlos Mencia or anything."

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I never tire of Rogan v. Mencia

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

That's fantastic, love when comics rip on the hack Mencia

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

You should check out Mark Maron's WTF podcast a few 'casts ago. Mencia was on a two-part episode. You could tell you he was lying through his teeth. A great listen. Maron had Dane Cook on a couple episodes ago. He wasn't terrible. I liked Dane Cook when he first hit Comedy Central. He definitely became overexposed. The last two specials I saw he was just aping his act.

9. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I thought Cook actually came across as likable on Maron's podcast. After listening to the Mencia one, I had no doubt he's stolen material. He all but admitted it.

I actually liked Cook's last special.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Oh dear God, last night's episode with Ricky Gervais as CK's doctor friend was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

That was good stuff.

Nick DiPaolo has been the star of the show so far for me.

12. Mizzougrad96

I've seen DiPaolo in concert three times. Absolutely hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted