1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LOUD NOISES!!!! Anchorman sequel in the works

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Mar 29, 2012.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I agree. This smells like something, and it aint rich mahogany.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In the sequel, Ron and the News Team are dealing with a bigger problem than adding a woman to the newscast ... the Internet. Ron is no longer the lead anchorman, he's now a backpack journalist tasked with filming his own video, writing blog posts and tweeting. Hijinks ensue as investigative reporter Brian Fantana goes on a crusade of trying to entrap politicians, while Champ Kind is in trouble for controversial remarks on his sports talk radio show. Luckily, weatherman Brick Tamland is there so solve everybody's problems. After all, it's San Diego so the weatherman doesn't have that much to do.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Spanish movie was made for vitually no money, so there was very little risk.

I went through a stretch where I thought most of Ferrell's movies had every funny scene in the preview and that the actual movie was disappointing, but Step Brothers and The Other Guys were both hilarious movies. I liked Semi-Pro a lot, even though it bombed. Blades of Glory was pretty mediocre/bad even though it cleared $100 million.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Anchorman 2: Whale's Vagina Boogaloo.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

They're on vacation, but Tits McGee will be filling in.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I agree, although I think Ferrell legitimately does have his heart in it. He and McKay have been trying to get a sequel off the ground for several years.

That said, as we all know, sequels rarely hit the "60 percent of the time it works every time" standard.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seven of his last 12 movies have grossed $80 million or less, including epic bombs "Land of the Lost" and "Bewitched." He's on the verge of becoming a nostalgia act, if he's not there already. Best hope of remaining relevant is doing the Anchorman sequel and introducing himself to kids who were in second grade in 2004.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Indeed, he has made some downright awful movies recently.

9. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Old School is one of my all-time favorite comedies. I really liked Blades of Glory too. Talladega Nights had its moments, but I think I laughed once when I saw Anchorman in the theater, so obviously I'm one of the few who didn't like it.

10. dieditor

dieditor Member

Give it another look. I wasn't thrilled the first time I saw it -- maybe I was in a bad mood the first time, I don't know. But man does it grow on you.

11. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

A few years ago the cast and McKay had offered to come back and do a sequel (a script was ready) for a fraction of their usual paychecks, but the movie studio had turned them down. I wonder what happened to make them change their mind?

12. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I've heard that several times dieditor, but I have seen it twice.

Draft saved Draft deleted