1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LOUD NOISES!!!! Anchorman sequel in the works

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Mar 29, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

"Oh Audrey - I look like hell! I got bags under my eyes. What's that? Well if you were a man, I'd punch you. Punch you right in the mouth. That's bush. Bush league. YOU HEAR ME? AUDREY! LOOK AT ME! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Alright?"

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if this will be like Austin Powers, where the sequel is far more successful (financially) than the original.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Will James Westfall and/or Dr. Kenneth Noisewater be in it?

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Is it a sequel, or just the release of Wake Up, Ron Burgundy?

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I love the idea of more Rudd, Carell and Koechner. I hate the idea of more Vince Vaughn or another Ben Stiller cameo.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

That was my first thought, too. I'm guessing it probably will. Anchorman made 91 million.

8. Mizzougrad96

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sequel. The original pitch of the movie was to do it as a full-blown musical.

10. Mizzougrad96

I'm curious to know if Ferrell really wants to do this, or if it became a "They're offering $20 million." type deal.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Interesting theory. He just released a telenovela movie done completely in Spanish, which I don't think did very well.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I loved the original. Not sure how much I am looking forward to the sequel. It has the potential to flop real bad. After watching the original, as much as I loved it, I never once thought "Damn, I hope they make a second." I never thought it needed it. I thought it stood well on its own.

This has cash grab written all over it. There are no new ideas in Hollywood and they're looking for acheap way to make a shit ton of cash. Anchorman 2 fits the bill.

Draft saved Draft deleted