1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lou Dobbs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by friend of the friendless, Oct 7, 2006.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I made a bet with The Best Friend of the Friend of the Friendless that I can get an email on Lou Dobbs Tonight by Dec 31. I took my first few stabs the past two weeks and I'm still 0-fer.

Samples:

Lou, talk is cheap. We should negotiate with the full force of American military might. I'd say that we should bomb North Korea into the Stone Age if they go for their nuclear tests--but let's face it, the North Koreans are already in the Stone Age.

Foley is gay? That's news? Hey Lou, did you see the color of his shirt in the commercial? I wouldn't let my son within ten feet of that creep. Find him a cold cell and a 20-to-life gangbanger to be his next "page."

I question the timing of allegations against the distinguished congressman from Florida, the political motivations of those who broke the story and, well, the orientation of the pages in question. Hey Lou, how about this--in Washington never be caught in bed with a dead woman or a live page.

Lou, let's hope the SCOTUS rules against the illegals ... I just can't imagine apple pie being replaced by a bean burrito!

Fences, Lou. As many of them as necessary. And the Mexican border is just a start. Roll the barbwire coil out for the Canadian border. Peace Bridge? Try Peacenik Bridge. You don't have our backs in Iraq, stay home!

Lou, God Bless Allentown. Same with Oologah and Carpentersville. No se habla your filthy language. If you don't know the Pledge, vaya con dios, dirtbags.

Lou, what the heck is with the Speaker? He can't make Foley for a ped perp? I'd like to know what the heck went on with his wrestling team--more Greco than Roman, says I. [wink]

Any suggestions?

YHS, etc

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

My suggestion: I think you have the right idea, but tone it down a tad. This is still broadcast television and CNN. Think of it this way: if it would be flagged and not printed if you put it in a letter to the editor, it isn't going to make Lou Dobbs.

*But everyone of them is pretty good -- I chuckled.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Not hateful enough toward Mexicans for Lou's taste.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yeah, throw in a few ethnic slurs against Mexicans.

Draft saved Draft deleted