1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lou Dobbs: Everyone and everything sucks.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

Your post reeks ageism.
    If Helen Thomas is still going, Dobbs will be around for another 30 years.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Has he finally given the immigration issue a rest?
    I've often wondered why he made that issue, of all issues, into his personal crusade.
    One would think people never entered this country illegally until Lou Dobbs realized it was happening.
    There have always been illegal immigrants. There always will be.

3. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Occasional viewer but, on a bet with the Best Friend of the Friend of the Friendless, I watched the show every night for a month and tried each night to get him to read my email read on air. I thought I had a dead cold winner when I tried to link illegal immigrants to lettuce with e-coli. I lost the bet.

All you need to know about the Dobbsian mindset: Lou's crush was Sarah P.

I get a kick out of the women of Lou Dobbs--cross-eyed Kitty Pilgrim and others--kissing his ring and feeding his righteous indignation.

I'm convinced he has it in for illegals because one of them dyed his hair the colour of a radioactive carrot.

o-<

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Dobbs has actually interesting back in the day when his show focused strictly on money and economics. Then he got off into political rantings on immigration and such and became a sour puss. Phooey on the rest of the world if their not American.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The right answer. The show is unwatchable. I used to try to sit through it because a friend and former colleague, Peter Viles, used to do some on-air spots, but it was so bad I had to give up on trying to watch a good guy like Peter.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I want a Jack Cafferty vs. Lou Dobbs smackdown in The Situation Room for crabbiest anchor on CNN.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yes, there have always been illegal immigrants. Just not this many.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

That's because immigration hasn't always been "illegal."

The Immigration act of 1924 was the first time limits were put on immigrants.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

But would it kill Lou Dobbs to give it a rest for one night?

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

In fact, between 1880-1920, about 25 million immigrants came to the US from Southern and Eastern Europe. Currently, there are about 15 million "illegal" immigrants.

Knowledge is power.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Of course he didn't read your email, you damned commie furiner!

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I always liked Kitty Pilgrim.

Draft saved Draft deleted