1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lou Dobbs: Everyone and everything sucks.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 18, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've watched Dobbs here and there since his return to CNN and was surprised when he started ripping the Bush Administration, CEOs, companies that hire illegals, and mostly government.

So Obama comes in and he's now ripping the Obama Administration, Wall Street, unions, Democrats in Congress...

He can criticize whomever he chooses, but I wonder what or whom he actually thinks is working well in America.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You know, he's probably right.

I know I suck.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Why, Lou Dobbs, of course.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He praises political bravery. You may interpret that as you wish.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My ass. He praises cranky old white men like him.

Lou Dobbs sucks.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Lou Dobbs has a borderline psychotic hatred of Mexicans. He criticized the Bush Administration largely because Bush proposed an immigration policy that fell short of "kill them all and drop their bodies over the massive, heavily armed border wall."

It's pretty alarming to see a story on Dobbs' show if you're actually familiar with the issue being discussed. It will be distorted to the point that you no longer recognize it.

7. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Indeed.
    Lou Dobbs does suck. And immigration has lost some of its heat lately. I'm a little surprised CNN keeps him around. His demographic is not exactly their demographic.

8. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

It may be because Dobbs is waiting for "change we can believe in."
    Perhaps, we should add Dobbs to the Fairness Doctrine's list of blacklisted members. McCarthy is rolling over in his grave.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

While we're at it, let's blacklist Reuters because it just published a negative article about Guatemala's problem with Mexico.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090218/wl_nm/us_guatemala_drugs

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My Cable Show Smells Like Cat Food!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't mind his show, but I do wonder how awkward it must be for actual CNN journos to appear on his show and have to smile and be deferential when he goes off on one of his, "what they hell are they thinking?" jags. I do enjoy his show, it typically covers stuff you don't find elsewhere and his team of reporters are pretty good, but man give him the ratty old sweater already.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm oooooold! And I'm not happy! And I don't like things now compared to the way they used to be. All this progress -- phooey! In my day, we didn't have these cash machines that would give you money when you needed it. There was only one bank in each state -- it was open only one hour a year. And you'd get in line, seventeen miles long, and the line became an angry mob of people -- fornicators and thieves, mutant children and circus freaks -- and you waited for years and by the time you got to the teller, you were senile and arthritic and you couldn't remember your own name. You were born, got in line, and ya died! And that's the way it was and we liked it!

Life was simpler then. There wasn't all this concern about hy-giene! It my days, we didn't have Kleenex. When you turned seventeen, you were given the family handkerchief. ... It hadn't been washed in generations and it stood on its own ... filled with diseases and swarmin' with flies. ... If you tried to blow your nose, you'd get an infection and your head would swell up and turn green and children would burst into tears at the sight o' ya! And that's the way it was and we liked it!

Life was a carnival! We entertained ourselves! We didn't need moooovin' pitchurrrres. In my day, there was only one show in town -- it was called "Stare at the sun!" ... That's right! You'd sit in the middle of an open field and stare up at the sun till your eyeballs burst into flames! And you thought, "Oh, no! Maybe I shouldn't've stared directly into the burning sun with my eyes wide open." But it was too late! Your head was on fire and people were roastin' chickens over it. ... And that's the way it was and we liked it!

Progress?! Flobble-de-flee! In my day, when we were angry and frustrated, we just said, "Flobble-de-flee!" 'cause we were idiots and we didn't know what else to say! Just a bunch o' illiterate Cro-Magnons, blowin' on crusty handkerchiefs, waitin' in lines for our head to burst into flame and that's the way it was and we liked it!

Draft saved Draft deleted