1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lottery madness again -- Powerball $425M so far UPDATE $550M

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I had the Powerball so hooray for my $12!

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It was funny seeing all the people in convenience stores who never play the lottery and have no clue about how to play it coming in to buy Powerball tickets.
    What will be even funnier is when the jackpot is won and there are still huge lines to buy lottery tickets, usually scratch tickets and daily numbers.
    It's almost as if the serious, hardcore lottery players view these big drawings the same way serious drunks look at New Year's Eve, as amateur hour.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"Serious, hardcore lottery players" might be the dumbest fuckers on the face of the planet.

4. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I'm telling Dad you said that.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Two winners, according to the Powerball website. One in Arizona, one in Missouri.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Well, goddammit.

Maybe Gary Pinkel won. The wife doesn't get that alimony.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I did not win.

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Someone in Joplin got $1,000,000 for getting five numbers but not the Powerball. Yeah, I could have settled for that.

Once I heard the numbers, I looked at my mine and knew right away. Half the numbers on my five lines were higher than 29.

Draft saved Draft deleted