1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Beer_Baron

Beer_Baron Member

I enjoyed the episode but it's tough to really pass judgment since we've seen approximately 25 percent of the cast.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I got the impression they had nothing to do with it. And didn't we learn last season the plane crashed because Desmond didn't punch in The Code?

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

inky, i agree with you. i don't think the others caused the crash.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It seemed to catch them off guard. The earthquake certainly did. And if they were planning on bringing down the plane, why would one of the infiltrators be working on an air conditioning system at that moment?

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I hope Passy plans to weigh in on this.

I love this show, but I really think this season is the make or break season for me. It HAS to be legit, knock-your-mutha(shut you mouth)-f-ing socks off storytelling, because if it's not, I think viewers are going to disappear in droves. I feel like people are getting a little weary of it, but what do I know? The on-line critic from Entertainment Weekly, which does a decent job compiling some thoughts for most episodes, loved it.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1542778_3_0_,00.html

6. You make a good point. I guess I don't understand the relationship between Desmond and Gale's people.

I watched a video podcast on abc.com with the two producers ... they acknolwedged that there are at least two disparate groups of "Others" on the island. So I'm not sure which group is responsible for the different things that are happening.

7. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

**SPOILER ALERT**

This is funny.

Anyway, there are plenty of things to consider here.

When the "earthquake" occurred, the people were asking "what was the source?" I mean, they were familiar with this situation. Also, Ben/Henry Gale was very aware of what was happening and what needed to be done. My guess is that he'd seen this happen before when the Nigerian drug runners (Eko's homies) were felled by the same electromagnetic blast.

There is a monster on the island of some kind. Period. The producers have acknolwedged this. You have to keep that in mind for various reasons, though Zeke and Ben and Juliet those people don't seem very worried about said monster.

I think Ben is Juliet's former beau. I think this group of Others (there is more than one group) has legit technology and performed background checks on the important members of the losties. I'm talking Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke. They have CDs. They have new appliances. I'm convinced they have communication with the outside world.

There has been some debate among Lost nerds like me about the book-club novel. The general consensus now is that it's Stephen King's "Carrie." No idea on the significance there.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Love the new avatar, Passy.

9. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Yeah, this Juilet character has the potential to be very interesting.
    First off, the name suggests impossible love (with Jack, I'd suspect).
    Then, the beginning scene. She seems to be an independent-minded Other, and a little stressed out by something. A break-up with, or break from, Ben/Henry, perhaps?
    And the whole bit with Jack, I kept going back and forth on whether she was for real (kind, thoughtful, trustworthy) or just fucking with him to win his trust. She seemed nice. But whenever he asked her something meaningful, she wouldn't answer. Yet she did save him from drowning, and probably didn't have to (by the way, notice how Ben/Henry slammed the door on her in that scene? He's a cold bastard.)
    Anyway, lots of potential there. And nice to see Kate in that dress. I'm guessing the cages were for the polar bears, and there's probably some sea monster swimming around out there, from the aquarium.
    There were a ton of commercials. And they really ought to tell us what's going on with the rest of the crew (though from the previews it looks like next week revolves around the group on the sailboat).

10. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

The fish-biscuit thing was pretty awesome, too. Sawyer was all stoked. Zeke kinda popped that balloon, huh?

I don't dig on Kate. Where are my Claire supporters?

11. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Clarie is the prettiest woman on the show, maybe on TV.

But they don't vamp up her role, so she doesn't get the press that Lilly does.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Evangeline Lilly is a babe, but she has about three facial expressions.

Emily de Ravin is probably the hotter castaway. I'm willing to concede this.

Plus the fact that Lilly dates a Hobbitt in her real life creeps me out a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted