1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Real or fake?

My best guess is that it is a fake, maybe even constructed by ABC/the producers to throw people off the scent.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And for about the fifth straight season, I've been left wondering: What happened to the children that the Others kidnapped at the end of Season 1, and why don't the Losties seem more pissed off about getting the kids back?

3. NDub

NDub Guest

I would far more concerned about my life and the immediate people I knew on that island than some kids that I heard were kidnapped. Besides, Bernard is the only primary character from the Tailies that is with the main crash survivors. The Tailies were scared shitless by The Others and want nothing to do with them.

Re: Ben and Rousseau

Yes, it was a direct interaction. Ben even told her to stay the hell away. Said if she heard whispers, to run the other way. So, yes, as I said and some others on here have said, she would likely remember his face. I think you've got to consider a few things: Rousseau clearly didn't trust him. She wouldn't let him go, told Sayid that Ben was not who he says he is, and even shot the bug-eyed bastard with an arrow in the back as he tried to run away.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But weren't there some young kids that were with the main survivors at first, then got kidnapped within the first few episodes?

I seem to recall Sayid, when he was walking through their makeshift village, seeing some of the kids.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Yes but I just watched the scene and she gives no clear indication that she knows who he is. She makes it seem that she knows he's an Other but, if he's the one that stole her baby, wouldn't she start screaming at Sayid that "This man stole my baby!".

I get WHY she didn't. After all, the producers said they never intended the guy who plays Ben to have such a large role in the show but were impressed with his acting and decided, on the fly, to keep him. That's why the consistency seems a bit off.

Oh, and for those of you who haven't rewatched yet. It's amazing the things you pick up on during the second viewing. One of the things I just noticed is the pregnancy test Sun takes from Sawyer is a "Widmore Labs Pregnancy Test."

Just another one of those little touches that makes you smile when you notice it for the first time. I love how they laid out hints of what would later be important.

BTW, Henry Gale is an F-N badass.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If it's fake, then they've been doing an elaborate ruse ever since the last season ended involving dozens of leaks from many different sources, and fake shoots. Because that fits exactly what the leaks have been telling us.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

I remember three children that were crash survivors.

Walt and the two kids - Zack and Emma - from the tail section. The two kids were taken by The Others, along with several other crash survivors, on the 12th day. We all know Walt's story.

I remember no other kids.

8. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Speaking of Walt, there definitely better be some Walt resolution in Season 6.

Though that I'm quite hopeful for. Part of me thinks they did the flashforward in time just so they could bring the actor back after he grew a billion feet tall.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

See, that's going to be the true test to how far ahead they really thought. If they were smart, they filmed a lot of stuff with Walt for later on while he was still young.

For example, I'd like to know what happened when they took him from the raft, see if it was actually him talking to Michael via the computer and want to see some of his time spent with the Others.

If there is none of that, then I'm going to assume they dropped the ball.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

I don't think we'll see any more of young Walt. From what I've read, he grew so fast that they weren't able to do some of the things they wanted. I'm going on memory from an interview I read last summer, but I think Cuse and Lindelof said something about us getting an explanation of Walt's "powers" but it won't necessarily be a Walt flashforward or flashback.

Usually, we've heard about cast rejoining the show (Boone, Shannon, Michael, Libby, Charlie) but I've heard/read nothing about Malcom David Kelley (Walt).

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The first hour will be shown on a big screen on some beach in Hawaii tonight at 6 p.m. Hawaiian time, they are calling it "Sunset on the Beach" premiere special. Open to the public, so expect tons of leaks and hopefully the whole ep to leak by this time tomorrow.

If you want to avoid spoilers, start avoiding the internets soon.

12. Clearly she didn't call him out right away because he had her child, who is to say saying something about him wouldn't endanger Alex. Plus, she was clearly going crazy after 16 years alone.

I don't really care though because we are going to get some answers in a few days.

Draft saved Draft deleted