1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

"Right. Because that would be RIDICULOUS," Sawyer to MIB about why he doesn't just turn into the pillar of smoke and fly off the Island.

A nod to the fans and to the absurdity that is sometimes sci-fi.

2. NDub

NDub Guest

And for anyone who hasn't read Doc or Sepinwall's recaps, here they are.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2010/03/lost_the_package_jin_and_sun_a.html

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20355953,00.html

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Like I said earlier, they were hanging lampshades all over the place in this episode. Once in a while is cute, but I thought they were overdoing it.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

What other lampshades are you talking about?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"Says the guy who can talk to dead people."

6. NDub

NDub Guest

ha ha.

I'll give you that one. But I'm going to have to rewatch to see if it was heavy last night. Maybe I just missed them. I liked snarky Sawyer, though.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

I've said it before (not sure on here) but at least to some friends, that Sideways Desmond on 816 (Jack: I'm sorry.... Do I know you from somewhere?) was current Desmond.

8. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Yep. It sure was. He can roll between universes. Everyone else only travels through time with the island. Dez travels through time and dimensions on his own.

Next week's episode may be one of the best of the series.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So if Sideways mimics the current world, then Sun's father will indirectly cause her great harm in this world.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

He pretty much has. He knew about her affair and he made her pay for it by punishing Jin, who was an asshole toward her. Mr. Paik also loaned her like 100K so that she could payoff Jin's prostitute mother, who was going to tell Mr. Paik about Jin's poor background. Mr. Paik never asked about that money's usage but said Sun would be indebted to him.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

And I'm thinking... Faraday HAS to come back next week, right? He and Des are so closely linked.

I'm wondering if we're going to get a "Constant"-like episode in that Dan and Des communicate through time.

Here's a whacky theory that I'm just sort of throwing together, but it'd be pretty damn cool....

We know that Faraday went to Ann Arbor for a while between 74-77 when the other Losties stayed on the Island. We learned that Faraday studied time travel, physics, etc. but never got too much detail about that story. We only know he came back and said the people could be variables in that they could reset time and eliminate all of the misery they experienced after Oceanic 815 crashed. Maybe he had a fall back? Maybe while in Ann Arbor, Faraday did some Constant-like mindtravel talk with Desmond. Maybe beamed a message to him in 2004 to get on Oceanic 815 or something? I'm not sure where I'm going with this other than it makes sense IF Des is the same Des in both timelines. Anyone care to add? Do you even get what I'm trying to get across? Ha ha.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Not to be all spoilerific, but if you look at next week's show on the cable guide thing, it says that Desmond awakens on the island.
    Jeremy Davies, who plays Daniel, is listed as a guest star. So is Eloise Hawkings.
    So I suspect we'll get a Sideways version of their story and the island plot will be advanced with Desmond. But that's just a guess.
    Penny was not listed as a guest star, but that doesn't mean she won't appear. Because I think she will.

Draft saved Draft deleted