1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Completely, totally, convinced it's Desmond. In fact, the realization that we're halfway through this season and we've seen Henry Ian Cusick one time is making me grumpy.

I suppose it could be Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalt, but at this point, I'm beginning to wonder if that plot point shouldn't just be abandoned.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I must have missed something. Why was she going through his clothes? What was she looking for?

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

At this point, they're pretty much going to need one to put this whole thing together.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Which is why I listed Desmond last.

Gotta be him. He would have to be locked up to go with Widmore. It has to be someone we've seen before. It has to be someone who, when revealed, will play a major role in the ultimate endgame.

Henry Ian Cusick is still listed in the opening credits (yes, I look for his name every week), and I can't help but think he'll play some major role between universes later . . . and also serve as a deus ex machina. Was Hume listed at the Lighthouse or the cave? If not, he's the ringer, the unexpected pawn in the game that turns the whole thing. Kind of like how Colossus was against The Adversary in X-Men No. 227 . . . .

No, seriously, I know there are other dramatic (non-nerd) parallels, but I can't think of them right now. Maybe Sam in Lord of the Rings, or something.

EDIT: Hume (and Widmore, for that matter) not listed at cave or lighthouse.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cliffside_cave

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_lighthouse

As for Walt . . . all I need is a sentence or two, referencing Walt specifically, explaining how certain people have had certain powers that make them "potentially special" when they come to the Island. Like a latent ESP-type ability that the Island just accelerates and multiplies. As in, Miles would have just been a dude who thought that maybe he had a bit of an intuition, but his time on the Island during his formative years meant he had an affinity for the recently dead. Had he spent his entire life on the Island, maybe he's a full-fledged telepath.

ifilus: She was seeking a shirt. Supposedly.

ArnoldBabar: I really hope not. No Elizabeth turning off the doomsday device at the end of V: The Final Battle, no Han Solo showing up in the Nick of Time in Star Wars, no "The Eagles are Coming!" in Lord of the Rings, no Geordi and Data solving the problem with tachyon beams at 6:52 every other week of Star Trek: The Next Generation. They've come too far to cop out.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Jensen:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20352243_2,00.html

The most intriguing line:

"Regardless, my guess is that Sideways Ford will get a chance to prove his moral metal when he finally tracks down Sideways Anthony Cooper at… Sideways John Locke's wedding."

Also: what was Kate's dress doing at the Hydra cages? I thought she wore it when they escaped.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

She asked to borrow a t-shirt and he told her they were in the drawer.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I think the thing in the locked room has to be a thing not a person. That was an awfully small door. Maybe it's a ... wait for it ... nuke? Which sinks the island?

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The island was sunk in the sideways timeline years before they are in the current timeline, though. Also, Widmore wants to possess the island, not destroy it.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Indeed, she asked for a t-shirt but it certainly looked as if she was determined to find something more than an article of clothing.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

See, this is something I've wondered. Are we certain the "current" island time is 2007 or whenever it's supposed to be? How do we know these events aren't taking place in, say, 2000, and are leading up to something where the island is sunk before 2004 and below the waves when Flight 815 passes over it?
    Everyone makes it off the island as a reward of sorts for helping Jacob or MIB, doesn't remember anything, and just goes about their lives in 2004.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I thought Michael Schur's theory that he shared with Sepinwall was very interesting.

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

What he said!

Draft saved Draft deleted