1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't think it's Sayid as much as some creature that has taken over Sayid's body, like Flocke and Claire. He was just sitting there when Kate and Claire had their mini-catfight.

My thought on the plane was that the pilot (I forget his name, he's in Ilana's group right now) will be flying that plane in an escape attempt.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Lapidus?

Thanks man. I couldn't remember that, for the life of me.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Sayid and Claire are possessed, basically. Neither is there of their own free will; they were taken after their deaths.

I just wonder if that will enter into the endgame. The Adversary seems to want to convince people to join him, which I believe was the Loophole that enabled him to finally defeat Jacob: convincing a human to turn against Jacob, of their own free will. He wants to convince Sawyer/Kate/Ben/the Temple Others to join him, when it might be seen as easier for him to just off them and then possess them. Maybe he can only possess so many people at a time? Or maybe the ultimate victory in the game against Jacob comes when he can show that his way has more followers who chose his way, not who were forced.

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

OK, here's my latest theory based on the whole museum thing. Maybe the museum that Miles' dad and Charlotte work for is a science museum and there's like a virtual reality game that people can play in there and make choices based on various scenarios. And the sideways world is the real one and the island is part of the virtual reality game which makes people have flashbacks or possibly exaggerated dreams, some of it based on things that previously happened in their lives. Also, has anyone noticed that many scenes and episodes open with someone opening their eyes? This could be part of the whole virtual reality game scenario. Thoughts?

5. Piotr Rasputin

If the entire series has been a virtual reality game, I'll be at the front of the torch-wielding mob.

6. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

And then they unveil the virtual reality game that viewers can PURCHASE for home use!

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Is it wrong that the thing bothering most about the episode was Charlotte telling Sawyer he blew it when she was the one going through his clothes?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Nope.

Thought that showed a total lack of self-awareness on her part.

Maybe dramatically, they just wanted to show that he needed to finally tell someone, and her rejection sent him to the first place he should have gone anyway: Miles.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

And I'll light the torch for you.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Maybe it means Claire is Locke's birth mother.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Women...

12. Piotr Rasputin

So what's locked up on the sub?

A certain weapon against Smokey?

A deus ex machina?

Mutant X?

Sylar?

Desmond?

Discuss.