1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was like the episode where Hurley finds the car with Roger's skeleton in it. You spend the whole episode wondering about how the car fits into the storyline. Then, you find out so much more, and the car ends up rescuing their friends.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Some good stuff here from one of the av club nerds.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/lost-season-six-the-pregame-post,37373/

No spoilers, not that I saw, just questions and theories as to what it all means. Plus some handy links to some other folks stories on Lost.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The 100 questions "Lost had better answer":

http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/the-100-questions-lost-be.php

I'd say about 80 or so are completely irrelevant to my final enjoyment of the show.

Who are the Others? Descendants of the survivors of the Black Rock seems the most logical, and simple, answer.

The one I keep hearing is "what was the loophole?"

I wonder if they'll bother explaining this other than in a podcast. Seems to me that The Adversary (still not letting go of that nickname) is the smoke monster (even if Ben's ability to call the smoke monster to kill the commandos calls this into question). He appeared as Ben's daughter to make Ben help him in his guise as Locke. Who was the one Lostie the smoke monster encountered, who said "I'll be fine!" and did not die?

Locke has been the Adversary's ideal pawn since Day One. The loophole is twofold: first, The Adversary needed to gain entry to Jacob's Sanctum Sanctorum, and only the Leader of the Others has that access.

As Jacob said, everyone has a choice. The second part of the loophole is that the Adversary needed to influence someone human, preferably of the tribe of Others Jacob brought to the Island, to make the choice to kill him.

What's sad is that Richard (and Jack's) belief in Locke was correct; it's just that by the time everything hit the fan, Locke had been replaced.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Some of the questions were interesting, some lame/stupid and a few had already been answered. God I can't wait for this show to come back.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Somebody booking a flight through Kayak.com found a neat Easter egg ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's pricy.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Especially when you could die.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Under "stops," they should put an infinity sign.

From within the story that Jay linked, you chould check out this video: "Everything you need to know about Lost in 8 minutes and 15 seconds." It's very cleverly done, and a nice presentation of everything in chronological order.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Nothing beats Hurley telling his Mom the whole truth about the island. This from the episode that has one of my favourite bits of dialogue ever:

Mom: Why there is a dead Pakistani on my couch?
    Hurley: He's not dead, Mom.
    Mom: He's no breathing.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So I just got to the infamous "Henry Gale debuts" episode. Can someone answer this for me.

If Danielle knows Ben from when he kidnapped Alex, why wouldn't she immediately tell Sayid that he's the leader of the Others?

Also, if Ben knew Sayid from when he was shot by him as a kid, why wouldn't he seem to recognize him when they first meet?

One last thing, anyone remember if Ben has a scar on his right upper body? That arrow through his shoulder was pretty hardcore but I don't remember it leaving a lasting mark.

11. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Every time I think this show can do no wrong...I think of this episode. My God. My God. Such borderline unwatchable nonsense.

I liked Season 2 for the most part, though I feel like they had to scramble and tweak certain planned stories due to behind-the-scenes issues. I wish they'd done more with the Tail-section folk in the bigger picture of the show. I feel like their stories were just kinda dropped. I still miss Eco though he didn't go until Season 3 (I don't get all the Libby fascination, but she's an obvious sign of a Thing that was dropped).

Season 3 improves in retrospect because it finishes really strong and you can just marathon through the first slow episodes rather than putting up with endless weeks of All Kate and Sawyer in the Cages. I still can't summon up much love for the first leg of it.

I'd argue Season 1 is still one of the best things ever put on network TV (the pilot holds up incredibly well), and Season 4 and 5 aren't far behind it.

My expectations are high.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The episodes on the mini island let us spend time with some good characters (Juliet, Tom and especially Ben) but still seem like a massive waste of time.

I haven't watched those episodes in a while, but I still can't figure out why Ben had that breakfast on the beach with Kate and made her dress up. I thought that there would be a payoff for that strange scene and there wasn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted