1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

I'm going to miss this show terribly once it's hit the finish line.

It's the one show I've made sure not to miss since The X-Files ended its run.

2. Giggity

Giggity Member

This is a cool theory - I guess you could consider it a spoiler if it turns out to be true: http://eyemsick.blogspot.com/2009/06/three-black-swans.html

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Here's the thing though. ABC doesn't need to replay it, the station offers EVERY episode online for free. Sure, you have to sit through commercials, but still.

Oh, and if you have Netflix, you can watch it instantly anytime and anywhere you want.

They're making it crazy easy for people to catch, which is what I'm currently doing (On Season Two, should be done with S5 by the time of the premiere).

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I enjoy posting the spoiler links just because I know it tortures people who are on the fence about spoilers (I mean this good-naturedly). :)

Personally, I could read the full plot synopsis of every episode wikipedia style and it wouldn't bother me. That's actually what did happen a few days before Dead is Dead last season, someone posted a whole blow-by-blow description. I read it and still loved the ep when it aired.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Last season's finale on ABC right now, in that pop-up video format.

Just ratchets up the excitement even more.

Re-watching it now, I still like the idea that the cabin actually was caging the Adversary, and the broken ash meant he had managed to escape to his new host.

6. NDub

NDub Guest

I'm about to finish my rewatch of season four. Three episodes left then it's off to season five. I'm trying to avoid rewatching The Incident on TV tonight simply because I want to get everything in order by next Tuesday. I admit, it has been difficult to avoid ABC tonight.

I cannot stress enough by effing BA this show is.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I'm not reading the spoilers. I love this show. Tried to get the fiance in it and he stopped watching with me about halfway through Season 2. Need to try to get him back into it.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I love the pop-up recaps. Lost is my reason for being.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So I'm going through Season Two again and just got to the episode where Shannon goes off running through the jungle and eats a bullet.

I remember when I first saw this episode that all I could do was think "God, this is going nowhere" and then Michelle Rodridguez comes and blasts the little hottie away and I remember saying "WTF? That came out of nowhere."

Upon further review, I loved, loved, loved this episode. You don't know it on first viewing but the whole episode leads up to this moment and, really, it's just fitting. Shannon was never a character I loved but this rewatch has got me appreciating her more and more. And her final episode was very well done.

It's to the point now where I'm wondering just how many of Lost's 'dud' episodes between Season Two and Three are going to be much, much better on this, my first, rewatch.

Can't wait to the Paolo and Niki episode. I figure that's going to be the real test of how much better things get when you know what's coming.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

I believe the second half of season two and all of season three are tremendous. My favorite part of the series. The final four episodes of three are fantastic.

Nikki and Paolo's episode is well-written and makes for a good episode by itself. But it pissed a lot of fans off because it was like the writers did it just to do it. It provided nothing to the overall plot of LOST. I liked it, though.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

When Cuse and Lindelof talk about how important it was to have an ending point to helpo focus their stories, it's pretty obvious which point of the show they felt was meandering.

The show's clear nadir was the "THIS is how Jack got his tattoos!!!" flashback episode from Season Three.

Then, the stretch of Season Three was masterful, with Desmond getting unstuck in time for the first time, Sawyer gaining his vengeance, Locke joining the Others, the Others/Losties conflict coming to a head, and of course the show's greatest game changer: 'We Have To Go Back!"

It's pretty amazing to think about how many game-changers this show has had, and yet managed to stick to the overall narrative.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Next to me and bacon-wrapped scallops. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted