1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. My understanding is that the ones in the church are there because their time on the island was the most important of their lives. (Which seems strange for Shannon, since she died early, but oh well.) And they arrived at the church/out of purgatory once all at the same time, though at different points in their own lives - i.e. it took Kate all the rest of her life, maybe 40-50 years, while Jack got there right away.

So Walt not being there isn't because he's still alive, but because he lived on and had a more important experience. And Ben was indeed dead, but didn't want to go in because of all the bad stuff he'd done.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ben should be waiting for Alex.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

A sad thought: I've been really enjoying the Lost reruns on Sundays on the CW... going back, catching things I hadn't before, seeing some things in new context, etc.

Though I enjoyed the finale, I think it killed my viewership of the reruns. There are no great puzzles to solve - at least ones with difinitive answers - the mythology is rendered largely moot. It'll seem like something... less, now.

Oh, well. Gotta find something new to have on the background telly while I work.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I don't think it renders the mythology moot. If anything, if gives it context.

For that reason, I can't wait until I can start rewatching. I need to wait a little while though because right now I'm all Lost'd out.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

Bit of a side note: I've read recaps and analysis where I come across them today and I have to say, this discussion feels more on-the-spot and intelligent compared to what else I've read.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Rumor is that Eko's actor wanted way more money than they were willing to pay.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

I read that too. Just a link to a story that I didn't click on.

You could make the argument that Eko wasn't redeemed either, thus he was unable to "move on." Maybe trapped like Michael or something.

You gotta think - a lot of people died on that Island. Some of them aren't moving on.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Not strange for Shannon at all.
    She was young, privileged and spoiled -- and found true love on the Island. Then, she died. How could that not be the most important time in her life?

9. schiezainc

From what I've read, the writers had a lot more in mind for Eko but the guy playing him was a colossal prick who hated Hawaii because he was away from his friends and family and, because of this, they chose to write him off sooner than planned.

Speaking of Eko, I was just remembering that he was told he had to build a church on the island and he made that his life's work for about two episodes. I'm sure it doesn't mean anything but I think that's a pretty cool coincidence.

10. schiezainc

Not to mention she finally find a way to be her own person.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Eko was great in Oz.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's not true. There were just problems with the broadcast. A few skips and lines in the screen. It was like watching a defective DVD.

Draft saved Draft deleted