1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LOST (Season 4 premiere)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jan 30, 2008.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I love the show, but I'm not so curious that I want to know where this is going before I'm led there.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Make that three of us. It's fun to play along. Knowing what's going to happen - if it's even true in the first place - is not what I had in mind.

3. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Could say the same about Charlie. He was real enough that someone else saw him, then disappeared when Hurley wished him away. Hmmm.

4. redsox99

redsox99 Member

Good point. I forgot that another patient at the ward said they saw Charlie. Yet on the video from the convenience store, Hugo sees someone, but that someone doesn't appear on the tape. Even more hmmm.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Observations (OK, mostly just questions) while watching a second time:

* The cop asks Hurley if he knew Ana Lucia, but only if he happened to meet her before takeoff. Indicates that the public doesn't know anyone besides the Six even survived the crash.

* Danielle punches Ben for referring to Alex as his daughter and says, "She's not your daughter." Do we know for sure whether he is or isn't? Is that the first time it's been hinted that he's not?

* I'll buy the idea that the man in Jacob's chair was Jack's dad, but the eye in the window doesn't appear to be Locke to me. It actually kind of looks like Patchy. If everyone else can be back alive, why not him?

* Jack's so gung ho on killing Locke, but why is he keeping Ben alive? On top of all the other shit he's been responsible for, he just gave the order to have three of Jack's friends executed. (I know, there is more for Ben to do on the show; I'm just talking about Jack's motivation)

* I really, really want to know what the deal is with Daniels' character. "Are they still alive?"

* Why was Hurley painting an eskimo and igloo? Seems unimportant, but everything on this damn show means something.

* I'm wondering how much time passed between Jack's visit to Hurley at the nuthouse ("We're never going back!") and his airport meeting with Kate ("We have to go back!). If it was just enough time to grow the beard, what happened in that time to change his mind?

* There's a tiny part of me that will always suspect that the past three seasons have been everyone's second go-around on the island, that these flash-forwards really ARE flash-way-backs. I know there is lots to refute that (like Jack having a Razr), but I can't shake the suspicion.

6. Interesting thoughts (especially the last one), but I wanted to comment on the two above.

1. It is never officially stated that Ben isn't her father, but it appears to be pretty obvious that she is Rousseu's daughter. If children can't be born on the island, Ben can't exactly be a father and I don't know how else he could have been Alex's father. And it is definitely not the first time it has been hinted, I'm pretty sure Kate flat out told her and Alex appears to believe she is not Ben's daughter any more.

2. Ben didn't give the order to kill them, he gave the order to pretend to kill them (I got the feeling that it was planned from the start to not actually kill Sayid, Jin and Bernard, at least not at that moment). I'm pretty sure Jack was able to deduce that once they were found alive. That's just my opinion.

Good first episode though and the show seems to have rebounded from the second season and middle part of season 3.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I thought it was Locke, but when I saw the cabin, I expected the voices to be Locke and Jacob.

Locke is clearly commiserating with the island, and I think Jacob is its human avatar. Yes, I've read too many comic books.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Patchy will show up again. The Sopranos taught us that you can't kill a Russian.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I thought it was Snatch and Boris the Bullet Dodger.

Actually it probably was some mad monk.

10. So, that would mean anyone left from the second batch of survivors is either dead or hid out on the island and avoided rescue (which would mean Bernard and most likely Rose). Right?

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

If she can't have a baby on the island, than Danielle must've gotten preggers before she got there. She said that the Others came to take Alex when they got to the island, so Ben can't be the biological father. I'm pretty sure that he's referenced being an adoptive dad last season.

12. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Yeah, I thought it was established early on that Rousseau was pregnant when she came to the island and the Others took her baby. Ben then raised Alex as his own.

Draft saved Draft deleted