1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LOST (Season 4 premiere)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jan 30, 2008.

1. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Could have been Locke, though I can't see at this point how he leaves the island.
    Given how messed up the lives of the rescued appear to become, really it could have been any of them.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I think the writing is a little clearer now; we know that the survivors split into two groups but are told that despite the split members of both make it out.

What is the deal with the house where Ben would go (HIM)? It looked like something real when Locke went there with Ben but it was a figment of Hurley's imagination? And who was in the house when Hurley looked in, Locke?

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I saw someone in the rocking chair (presumably "Jacob") and then someone popped up in the window (presumably Locke). There are people on the Interwebs who swear it was Jack's dad sitting in the rocking chair after watching it in slow-motion.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

No guarantee that Kate is one of the six.
    Think about it, she was on the run from the coppers, if she did come back she would have went to prison, so maybe her coming back was kept quiet to avoid jail time, 'cause she was obviously not in jail.
    It makes sense that one of the six was in the coffin, the death of a pseudo celebrity would warrant an inclusion in the paper, and that's how Jack found out by tearing a brief from the paper.

And oh goddam was that awesome when Jack pulled the trigger on Locke to blow his brains out and he found out the gun was unloaded.

Other questions, if Hurley went with Locke out of an obligation to Charlie, why did he tell Jack at the gym that he now wished he had stayed with him? So what happens with Locke's crew that Hurley now regrets?
    Who did Hurley see in the rocking chair? Jacob? But even Locke couldn't see him at first and that was for sure Locke who popped up in the window, but it looked like the rocking chair still had someone in it.
    What was up with Hurley drawing an eskimo?
    The Lost web nerds say that Riddick's name on the show means angel of death and destruction in Hebrew. Also worth noting that he has also been cast in J.J. Abrams/Bad Robot pilot for Fox.

Can't wait for next week's show.

5. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Not sure why (and I didn't slow it down and examine or anything), but it looked to me like the one-eyed Russian Other. Which might make sense as he seems to be pretty powerful in that group, might have supplanted Ben, and knows that Charlie turned off the jamming devices and may have gone to tell our mysterious invisible friend.

6. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

Loved this episode.

As usual, it brought upon a whole new set of questions that will probably take years to answer.

It sets up the rest of the season, and the rest of the show, nicely.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That's an excellent point.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

With regard to who was in the cabin when Hurley peered in, I found these screen caps on the interwebs. Get a better look <a href="http://www.docarzt.com/who-is-in-the-cabin.php">here.</a>

This one is the dude in the rocking chair, widely believed to be Jack's dad:
    [​IMG]

This one is the eye that popped up, which logically seemed to belong to Locke, but this picture doesn't provide definitive evidence in my view (could be ol' Patchy):
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Seeing that eye through the window in the picture just made me jump about as high as I did last night. I hate freaky shit like that. But I love this show.

But I'm kind of different than everyone else on here. I kind of take everything for what it is and don't try to solve the equation right now. Really looking forward to next week though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Supposedly Col. Daniels, I mean Lance Riddick, has a big role in next week's episode as well.
    Show titles and reported focus:
    4.1 “The Beginning of the End”: Hurley
    4.2 “Confirmed Dead”: The “Rescuers”
    4.3 “The Economist”: Sayid
    4.4 “Eggtown”: Kate
    4.5 “The Constant”: Desmond
    4.6 “The Other Woman”: Juliet
    4.7 “Ji Yeon”: SunJin
    4.8 “Meet Kevin Johnson”: Michael
    Source: aintitcool.com

Lost really made me remember how good network TV can be.

11. redsox99

redsox99 Member

Couple of things also come to mind on the forward and backward flashes. It's still 2004 on the island, so if the future flashes are 2007 or 2008, there's a 3-4 year gap that a lot of shit is going to have to happen before the big rescue. Obviously there will be some sort of conflict between the Locke group and the Jack/Kate group for Hugo/Hurley to have been rescued with Jake/Kate and whoever the other 3 or 4 of the Oceanic 6 are. Otherwise why does Hurley feel remorse for not staying with Jack/Kate. The cabin thing was weird in that it was real, then suddenly it wasn't real when Hurley wished it away.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I think I fall somewhere in between, RHCP. I don't want to know everything right now -- and I sure as hell don't want to read any spoiler sites -- but I do want to be acutely aware of the little clues and bits of knowledge the show is trying to drop our way.

Draft saved Draft deleted