1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LOST (Season 4 premiere)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jan 30, 2008.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I guess I liked the episode, but I won't really know until I find out what happens. Which is typical with this series, dammit.

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Daniels got an edge to him, doesn't he?

I'd say that set up the rest of the season quite nicely.

3. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I watched the TV commercial and visited the Web site. But it didn't provide many clues. I hate that stuff. They pulled that last season, and I felt like I was trying to solve the JFK conspiracy. At one point, I had to move my mouse around a blank screen until I found a secret link.

4. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

That was awesome when Daniels came on. Except it was strange not to hear him say "My office!". See, "Lost" does a great job with stunt-type casting (Like having Cheech Marin as Hurley's dad and Katy Segal as Locke's girlfriend) "Heroes"...they got annoying with that stuff.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The question is, how did Daniels go from Deputy Ops to harassing the Oceanic Six? I'm guessing he got screwed by Carcetti and Bunny hooked him up with the civilian gig.

I'm pumped for the season. How quickly will we learn who the other three "survivors" are? I'm guessing none of them was the one in the casket, seeing as nobody showed up or gave a shit. I guess the Six came back and just acted like they were stranded on an island the whole time. (For some reason I have visions of "Rescue From Gilligan's Island," where they get a parade.)

So many questions, and especially given that they have an end date, I totally trust that they know what they're doing. The last part of last season made me a believer.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Actually, it might be better that one of the six is in the casket. Then not only do you find out which six make it ... one of them dies, too. That makes just five.

Solid episode. I didn't realize that there were only six of them until Hurley said it. Then I just thought, "Oh yeah! Wow. Ain't that something? Only six return."

I think that's the big issue here. Notice how Hurley told Jack that they shouldn't have split with him and Locke? I bet most of the Locke-folk stay on the island.

7. Giggity

Giggity Member

How do you think they're going to play out the Oceanic Six? Either you find out in the series finale who the guy in the coffin is, or, maybe, they move into the "future," and eventually the final season or so involves the remainder of the Six returning to the island to undo whatever has been done. Fuck, the possibilities are endless.

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

That would be my guess, just based on the sentiments of Jack (once he grows that beard) and the ghost of Charlie's efforts to persuade Hugo.
    I was a bit unclear how many stayed with Jack and Kate to be "rescued." Looked like all the speaking-role characters beside maybe Bernard and Rose went off with Locke. Did others stay? And where did they all disappear to once it started raining and the helicopter arrived?

9. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Jack and Kate will need a rescue at some point. So my guess is that you can figure out the other four survivors based upon how likely it is for them to leave the group to help Jack and Kate yet again. Sawyer definitely would be in that group. But I get the sense that he won't make it. I get the feeling that he has to die to end the love triangle.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Lance Reddick was Daniels to me, at least for most of the scene. Like Brasky, I was waiting for "McNulty, my office!". That changed when he stood up & gave Hurley that look. Yikes.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What about a large number of non-speakers died in the rescue attempt and only six survived?

I think Ben is in the coffin. He is the only person who would merit no one visiting. Plus, it was in a rough neighborhood. Could it have been Sawyer?

I also liked how the science vs. faith was established. Also, people have been trying to come to the island for centuries. That explained many things (big statue of foot).

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

But if that happens, why aren't Jack and Kate together in the future? And who is the "he" who she has to get back to after the airport meeting?

Draft saved Draft deleted