1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LOST (Season 4 premiere)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It starts tonight. It's a 2 hr. 2 night premiere. Just so you all don't miss it.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, tonight's show is a recap show.

Thursday is the premiere and it is two hours.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Here's my understanding:

Tonight is a repeat of last year's two-hour season finale. Thursday night is the two-hour "premier event," which is an hour of programming called "Lost: Past, Present and Future" and a one-hour episode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the deal.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From looking at the ABC site, it called tonight's episode an "enhanced recap."

Thursday night is all new.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The "enhanced recap" means that they add a 30 second scene at some point and pass it off as new.

7. ArnoldBabar

My guide says tonight is the Season 3 finale but "includes on-screen facts and back stories to allow viewers to catch up on the action."

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I stand corrected.

9. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

I cannot wait 29 more hours.

Ah, hell, I have the first three seasons on DVD, I can watch all the old episodes.

[Quivers in excitement. Falls out of chair. Rolls on the office floor and convulses.]

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I am late to the Lost bandwagon, but I am moving through the first season thanks to Netflix right now. I have a tough decision to make about this season, though. Do I watch it or do I just DVR it and save it until I catch up?

11. ArnoldBabar

DO NOT watch it out of order. Even if you can get a grip on what's happening now, you'll have missed some great stuff.

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

Honestly, I could see Matthew Fox as Jack Bauer. Well, maybe just last season's Jack Bauer.

He yells (a lot), says some inspiring things to other characters (quite a bit) and constantly wants to do what's best for others while maybe getting some revenge.

Interchangeable, if you ask me. Plus, the Lady Friend loves watching Party of Five just to rag on Matthew Fox's sweet 90s style of long hair and plaid shirts. He was pretty much the same actor then as he is now.

EDIT: Let it be known that I do LOVE this show.

Draft saved Draft deleted