1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LOST (Season 4 premiere)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So, 2-hour premiere Thursday. (You can watch last year's season 3 finale, "Through the Looking Glass" tonight, Wednesday.)

Sepinwall says he's seen the first two, and they're really, really good. Won't say anything else.

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2008/01/craphole-island-roolz.html

Diane Wertz of Newsday says the first two are superb. And she admits that she gave up in the middle of last season.

Looks like we'll see flash forwards become part of the regular storytelling now.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/ny-ettell5555593jan30,0,2205345.column

Also, for you Wire fans, looks like Lance Reddick (Cedric Daniels) will be a character this season.

Your thoughts on what to expect? Did you give up in the middle of last season? Are you confident the show has its mojo back?

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Never thought it lost its mojo. Until the final episode airs, I'll assume the writers have some kin of a plan. And when they deviate from it - as they did when they listened to "fans" and offed Nikki and Paolo last season - they'll just come up with new and interesting ideas.

I remember last year, the one with the Volkswagen Bus with the dead body and the beer in it was roundly lambasted here. "It doesn't advance the PLOT!!!!!!!!" was the cry. And we eventually found out that dude in the van was Ben's daddy, and gee, that whole thing kind of fit in the history as well as the season's finale.

Last year, some fans got bitter because there was too much with the "Others" at the beginning of the season: "The show needs to get back to what made it GREAT!!!!!!!!!!" Yes, God forbid we finally start getting some fleshing out of a group of new characters that have been talked about since the very early episodes.

The show is great; and that finale last year was a massive love letter to those of us who stuck with it. So yeah, I'm damn excited, and I think mojo will be higher than ever now that we'll get flash-forwards as well as flashbacks.

It's not Heroes, whose creators spent more time reading their own press than they did planning out quality plotlines for the new season.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm so excited for this that I'm already sitting in a puddle of my own urine.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Good stuff, Babar.

Funnier than anything Mitch Hedberg ever said.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Why must you tarnish such a wonderful thread with your ignorance about comedy? :)

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

What Piotr said. (About Lost, not Hedberg. I'm indifferent toward him.)

7. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Can't wait.

8. I'm super geeked about the new season of Lost.

As a side item, I love Matthew Fox as Jack. Can he do anything else? His acting range mirrors that of Carrot Top.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=photos#t=54633

I have forgotten so much.

I am so happy it is back, but I am also depressed knowing there is going to be a huge gap after these shows.

This writers strike is really starting to suck.

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I will watch, but I have forgotten everything about what happened last season. I think there's a recap on tonight.....hopefully. When I see the previews for this year, none of what happened last year is ringing a bell.

Much too long between seasons......

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=connection

Lord, I need to catch up.

Draft saved Draft deleted