1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost passport

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rambler, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Rambler

Rambler Member

Okay, I'm an idiot. I can't find my passport even though I KNOW it's in my condo somewhere. But I've torn the place apart.

What have people done to get a new one? Is it hard? Will it take long? I downloaded forms to send in to tell them I lost mine and also a new application but I haven't yet sent them.

Do I have a hope of getting a new one by mid-October when I hit the road (skies)?

And, how long after I report my old one lost will I then find it (probably in a place I already looked)?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm sure the terrorist who is using your passport now will give it back long before you can get a new one from the U.S. government.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

I'd use one of those passport agencies to be safe. I've heard there's a major backlog at the State department now. It'll cost you $100-200 bucks, but it's better than missing your flight

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

You can get an appointment at one of the Passport offices at San Francisco, New Orleans, Seattle, etc., with an intenary showing you're going out of country soon and you can get a new one that day.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You're fucked.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Rambler,
    I'll send you my birth certificate. You can apply for a Canadian one.

7. Rambler

Rambler Member

I'm not THAT desperate.

8. That's why I have an Irish one, too.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Been meaning to do that myself. Understand that you can get one if parents or grandparents are Irish nationals.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dominica will give one to just about anybody.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

From what I've read, the passport backlog has improved and the horror stories from earlier this summer aren't happening anymore (or at least not as much as before).

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How much does it cost to ship stone tablets nowadays?

Draft saved Draft deleted