1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: Krzyzewski's Sense of Humour

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Calvin always did like animal acts.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Couple things.

One- K did a big ass American Express ad campaign in 2006. You know, the I'm not a coach, I'm a leader of men bullshit. Anyway- J.J. Redick, Shelden Williams...Sweet 16 and done. If anyone needs to be lectured about spending his time wisely, maybe it's K himself.

Two- Wasn't You can have beers with this guy! supposed to be the Biggest Qualification For A President EVAR? To the point that we elected a fucking dry drunk over a brainiac? To the point that Beltway and NYT pundits were jerking off about how big of an elitist Saint Obama was during Election 2008? What better way to connect with the Common Average Heartland Joe Sixpack Thingy than to do fucking brackets, right?

And yet, no. It's Get back to work, Obama. Well, you know what? Fuck you. Stick with your bullshit memes, thanks.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

relax Francis......holy shit, the guy had the audacity to crack a joke at Obama's expense, and you're taking it as a personal insult. Either you're a Tarheels fan, or a mess.

4. king cranium maximus IV

No, I'm sick to damn death that we got to hear for EIGHT FUCKING YEARS how great Dumbya was because you could conceivably saddle up down at the local waterin' hole with him*...but the second Obama whips out some brackets, let rake that fucker through the coals. Complete fucking bullshit.

* And you know what? No, you couldn't. Becuase he'd either have to load up on O'Doul's, or he'd spend the whole time lecturing you about wherever he was in the 12 steps. Fuck that, him, etc.

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

you can't be serious. Are you honestly arguing that we were inundated with stories about how "Bush was great"? For 8 years?? WHAT?

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

as for you and your 12 step rant....classy. You're obviously perfect.

7. king cranium maximus IV

At least the two elections. And the meme carried on throughout Election 2008. Recall dumbass David Brooks: Durr, Obama sucks cause you couldn't sit down at Applebee's with him.

Sorry, I'm awfully bitter.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

no shit you're bitter.....and delusional. I've yet to hear anyone make the argument that Obama "sucks because you couldn't sit down at Applebees with him", what are you reading? Do you live in Crawford TX? If anything, Obama benefited from his demeanor,.....constantly reading "the next Camelot" really hurt him eh?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If I want to find "fun guys to drink beers and watch TV at the corner bar," I can go down to the corner bar and find plenty of them every night.

I don't want the guys sitting down at the corner bar to run the country. I want smarter guys than that to do it.

I want the President to be smarter than me. That hasn't been the case in many many years -- hell, almost 30. I was just hoping Obama would act like it.

(I do know why he's doing this and the Leno show, though. Hopefully it will work.)

10. If you've read Brooks consistently, you'd know he is a "great admirer" of President Obama.

"I am a great admirer of Barack Obama and those around him." - David Brooks, Feb. 24, 2009.

Brooks uses subtle sarcasm quite often, and that quote may be such an example. However, Brooks also criticizes Obama when Brooks believes the President is wrong.

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Oh screw Coach K. He's an asshole.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Carter was a goddamn nuclear engineer. Two of the last four presidents couldn't even pronounce it.

Draft saved Draft deleted