1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost Finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by StormSurge, May 23, 2007.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Great episode....I agree with whoever said that we'll see the Others and the survivors align to take on the boat people..........and Jack taking OC 80's was a bit surprising....that's for sure.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Stupid question that I haven't seen addressed on the fansites:

Are we to believe the flash-forward is Jack's true future? Are we to believe it is present day?

Because isn't it possible that this "future" could be changed by whatever happens on the island next?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The alternate timeline has been touched upon with Desmond's flashbacks and his visions.

4. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

Could the people on the mysterious boat be from Dharma? We know Ben participated in the uprising that killed all the original Dharma people on the island. Maybe he learned something about them and what they were attempting to do there and that's what caused him to defect and turn on them.

And since the pulse knocked out communication off the island, perhaps Dharma sent a ship to find out what was happening. That would certainly be good reason for Ben to believe their arrival would signify the death of everyone currently on the island -- Losties and Others combined. He thinks the Others are the "good guys," but that doesn't mean he considers the Losties to be the "bad guys." Maybe he thinks the Dharma people are.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I was thinking maybe Juliet. Don't think it's Sawyer because Kate says, "I have to get back. He'll be wondering where I went." when she was talking to Jack in the flash forward. I assume she's referring to Sawyer. Don't think it's Locke because I don't see him leaving the island under any circumstances. Same goes for Ben. But it could be Ben. That would be my second guess.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I guess in that scene I meant Jack didn't hold back. Jack could have wilted there, but didn't.

8. If Ben doesn't think the Losties are bad -- and that's a reasonable hypothesis -- then why does Ben hold them in such contempt? It's like he's never willing to be square with them. He's like that with his own people, I know, but he's usually more straightforward with his lieutenants.

Ben isn't straight with Jack at all. Or any of the Oceanic 815 peeps.

9. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Shortly after Charlie punched in the transmission code and Penny Widmore flashed across the screen, my LOST viewing partner turned to me and wondered how Penny could have a video feed to the Looking Glass hatch. Good question, friend.

MLVP thought perhaps the expansive Widmore company had something to do with Dharma -- or, even more directly, was Dharma -- an idea that isn't totally off-base. How else could Penny have had such a clear and direct line? She was hooked up to a Dharma hatch, after all.

Thoughts ... Widmore Industries at least has some very heavy involvement in Dharma, and Penny has used her family connections in an attempt to find Desmond. Between the seasons 2 and 3 finales (probably between five and six weeks in real time), she has connected more of the dots and figured out where Desmond is and hacked into some system to try and find him. If that theory is somewhat correct, the boat from which Naomi reached the island could still be associated with Dharma.

All of which leaves my head hurting.

After last night -- after the flash forwards and all the twists -- I just want to sit back this summer, watch the first two seasons again and throw back a few more OC tablets of LOST.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

OHB, good points about penny. i was surprised that this past season didn't really address her. i think they have to do something with her next season given that she's now been a part of both season finales with little in between.

that was a terrific episode. i was stunned by the ending. i loved it.

seems strange that jack and kate had a previously agreed upon secret meeting place by the fence of the airport. i understand the symbolism but this means they'd previously - since getting back - been spending time together watching planes take off and/or land.

my guess is that locke never got off the island so it can't be him who died.

can't fucking wait until lost starts up again in six months.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Six months? Try nine, as in February 2008.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Dialogue exchange of the year:
    "He surrendered. You didn't have to kill him."
    Sawyer: "I didn't believe him."

Draft saved Draft deleted