1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost Finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by StormSurge, May 23, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I was intrigued by Jack's response to the funeral director's question of friend or family.
    Jack said either. Who on the island, besides Kate and we know it isn't her and I'm fairly sure it was a man, would get that kind of response?
    And Ben wiped out the entire Dharma group, including his dad, and he's not the bad guy. The real bad guys are out on the boat.
    Really?

2. clarkington

clarkington Member

Dang, I was thinking it was Ben, too last night. Note: If you haven't seen it, don't watch it right before bed. Worst night of sleep I've gotten in a long time.
    Some other thoughts from a sleepless night --

-- Charlie's death was awesome and horrible all at the same time. I thought he was gonna escape it when he asked about the flashbacks.
    -- Loved the line from Rousseau when she gleefully asks her daughter if she wants to help tie Ben up. Sounds like some awesome mother-daughter bonding time.
    -- Glad I didn't read any spoilers. I had heard (on this board I think) that 5 people died, so I was sure Jin, Sayid and Rose's husband were dead. That would have been disappointing for sure.
    -- Didn't expect to see Walt. That was a nice surprise.
    -- Figured Locke would somehow be alive and still try to F up their attempts to get off.
    -- I agree with someone who said they think the Others and Losties are about to merge and fight off the people on the boat.
    -- What the hell is up with the One-eyed Russian dude. I think he "died" 3 times this season. I swear he's the father of the indestructible cheerleader on Heroes
    -- Hurley is the freaking man. Thought maybe he'd try to kill himself again after no one wanted him to come with them.
    -- Sayid's tied-up ass-whoopin' was awesome.

Man, there's so much more.
    -- Mrs. Sampras (Jack's ex) still hot. Even preggers.
    -- Future Kate, too.
    -- Saw Sun on Maxim's Top 100 list. Wow does she clean up nice, too.

Someone come babysit my girls so I can take a nap. Finished watching at 2:30 this morning. Girls "slept in" till 7:30.
    Can't wait to see what's in store. Anybody know when Season 4 debuts?

3. clarkington

clarkington Member

I thought he said neither.

He wouldn't have considered Locke his friend after what happened last night would he -- with Locke pointing the gun at him and everything? I think those two are headed for a throwdown.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Season four starts sometime in Januray/Feb.

Julie Bowen has never been married to Pete Sampras. Unlike most casting directors, you're thinking of Brigitte Wilson.

5. clarkington

clarkington Member

Thanks.
    And my bad. Was thinking of wrong Adam Sandler movie.

6. BTW, how cool was it to hear Nirvana in a television show or movie? I think Courtney has just started allowing that, but she's very protective of it, as well. But it really jarred me, because it had never been done before.

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Agreed, but no christian would make the sign of the cross with his left hand. A rare slip-up for a show that seems to cover ALL its bases on minutiae like this.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, after what they've been through (and what they will be going through in the next three seasons), I don't think it's a stretch for him to consider anybody on the island as family.

And was that Juliet's sister and nephew Jack saved from the car accident?

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I tell ya what I liked about it so much: For once, it didn't hold back. People didn't cave in, for the most part. I've watched every episode of that damn show and every single freaking time Jack or a plane person is in a bind, they back down, wait for later. play it safe. Not last night. Last night they put their asses on the line to get rid of the others and to get off the damn island. It was finally like they said "Enough of this bullshit."

To do that and still leave so many intriguing options for next season was simply awesome.

10. clarkington

clarkington Member

Oooh, good call.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Locke held back.

He murders Naomi when she's using the sat-phone. He threatens to kill Jack to stop him, but then silently slips off into the jungle when Jack begins using it.

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I believe he actually said "Neither", leading people to speculate that the person in the coffin is either Ben or Locke, given that they have both actively tried to keep the losties on the island.

Draft saved Draft deleted