1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost Finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by StormSurge, May 23, 2007.

1. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

How do you follow up that?

Was Jack's ex-wife the same as before? It looked like her, but I didn't think it was. Did Jack get re-married and re-divorced after leaving the island?

There are still a lot of questions to be answered. This was one of my favorite episodes over the first couple seasons. There was so much going on and it could have gone in several different directions. (I'm glad I didn't read the spoilers.)

Using flash forwards would be interesting from here on out, but there are enough questions still remaining about the island to keep the show focused there for a while. Where did Locke go? Does he lead the Others now? If it's not Penny's boat, who is it? What was Naomi looking for on the island? What does Desmond do next? Since we didn't see anyone leave the island, does this "rescue attempt" save them? Why don't the Others, like Richard, get any older? What happened to Annie? What's the deal with Jacob ... Jacob and Locke? Does Sawyer get sick from drinking the old beer?

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

3. I think we're supposed to believe it's Sawyer Kate needs to return to when she tells Jack she needs to get back. After watching the show the last few years, that makes me believe it was Sawyer's funeral no one attended.

4. i read that he song charlie was making up as he was being tourtored is the same song being played in jack's car in the future...i'll have to go back and watch it to see for myself but that would certainly be interesting...

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I doubt you'll like Smallville very much. Just make sure you pay attention up until the fade-out at the end. The Heroes finale was better than Smallville's.

6. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Yes, Jack's ex-wife has always been played by Julie Bowen. She was pregnant when we saw her last night, so that might be why she looked a little different.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

To paraphrase Locke after the first viewing of the Dharma film, I'm going to need to watch that again.

I'd love it if there was a combo of flash backs and flash forwards from now on.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Wasn't he singing "You All Everybody"?

9. he was singing that to hide the fact that desmond was there, but he was making up a new song as he was being beaten (said something about getting a tune in your head and that he was almost finished it, etc)

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Judging by the size of the coffin I think we can rule out Hurley.

11. My wife's guess was that Ben is the dead guy. Interesting idea.

She also thought Sawyer ended up with Kate, though I totally don't believe that.

Here's the deal: I really liked Tom. I hated that Sawyer killed him, but what an awesome way to do it!

A couple other things:
    *I want to keep open the possibility that we don't yet know the person in the coffin.
    *I want to know who Jack saved in the bridge accident.
    *LOST nerds discoved that the funeral home name, "Hoffs/Drawlar," is an anagram for "flash forward"
    *High-res video caps show that the obit is for a man from New York who was found hanging from a beam. The name begins with J and the last name ends with "-tham." Some have suggested it's an allusion to Jeremy Bentham, an 1800s philosopher who has no obvious connection to the show. However, this show is a haven for philiosophical references: Locke, Desmond Hume, Danielle Rousseau, Edmond Burke (Juliet's ex-husband).
    *Bentham, the real Bentham, proposed the idea of a "panopticon," which is a prison that prevents incarcerated peeps from knowing they're being observed.

ALSO: I think they're going to be "rescued" early next season, then for reasons we don't yet know some of them will try to get back to the island. We know from the maps all over Jack's pad that he's trying to find it again. Of course, we have 48 episodes remaining ...

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought that, if it is someone that we know, there person in the coffin is Ben as well -- because I think that Jack would have considered Locke his friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted