1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost Finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by StormSurge, May 23, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Locke. Jack realized Locke was right about not leaving the island. Kate didn't care, because she was off the island and happy.

Who was the "he" Kate mentioned when talking to Jack?

2. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

this is why i love DVR; i'll be back watchin it tomorrow, i'm sure.

3. chews2lose2

chews2lose2 New Member

Kate said "I have to go he'll know I'm gone.

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I'll admit it: I read the spoilers. They were 100% accurate, too, so whoever leaked that info is most certainly looking for a new job tonight. Did it impact my enjoyment of the episode? Not one bit.

So, flash-forwards from here on out, eh? We'll get to see what happens to the Losties post-island without having to use our imaginations? I could get behind that idea.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Thanks to DVR, the slow-forward and my general newspaper geekiness.
    Jack was not holding an obit in his hand, it was instead a news brief.
    I couldn't make out the last word but the headline, I think, said...
    LOS ANGELES
    Man Discovered
    Dismembered

I'm sure one of the super nerd sites will post a high-res image sooner rather than later. It also could have said Drowned, but I'm pretty sure it was dismembered.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I was watching it on DVR just now. I had to have yelled loud enough to wake up the neighbors when Sayid snapped that guy's neck.

That was fricking awesome.

The "Others" appear pretty fucked at this point. 10 died today, and Ben got the shit kicked out of him ... again. That's alright though ... it leaves them about a million different directions to go in for the next three seasons.

Finally, I hope the "flash forward" isn't set in stone, because it sucks to know there's NO chance Jack will have a happy ending.

Man, Sayid kicks ass. As does Hurley.

And I'll really miss Charlie. Why did he have to stay in the room ... why couldn't he:
    A. Run out of the room, put on the scuba gear and swim away
    B. Run and dive in the big hole and swim away.
    C. Swim out the window.

And Sayid kicks ass.

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

That was jaw-dropping. Talk about catching a dude by surprise.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Yes, Charlie could have escaped, but he didn't want to. He knew he had to drown in order for the other survivors to be rescued, in keeping with Desmond's vision. His death scene, by the way, with him making the sign of the cross, was heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time. Beautifully done.

After watching the dud finale of 24 the other night, this definitely made up for it. Outstanding episode.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's gotta be Locke in the box. Would that be a "Locke Box?"

Awesome finale - first season ender that made me look forward to the next season. Hurley kicked ass in the van. Sahid snapped that dude's neck with his legs? Sweet.

10. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Excellent. Fucking excellent.
    I'm looking forward to spending the summer watching Seasons 1, 2 and 3 and trying to piece together little things now that more has been revealed.
    My jaw hit the floor when Kate got out of the car. By the way, how hot is future Kate? Damn!

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not to be too nerdy here - but I admit my surprise Locke is still alive and that "Smokey" took Walt's form (aged appropriately I may add) to encourage Locke to stop the Beachies from contacting the outside world. Is the Dharma thread over now? I don't know what it all means, nor do I know what the deal is with the "mystery boat". I doubt the writers do either. And yes, future Kate cleans up nice.

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

Three words: Out fucking standing!!!!!

Charlie's death was heroic and heartbreaking... in other words, perfect.

My favorite TV show not only got its legs back, it showed it's balls.

Wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted