1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost Finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by StormSurge, May 23, 2007.

1. Excuse me? If the flashback WAS a flash forward, why did Jack tell black bald guy to go get Jack's dad to compare levels of drunkenness? If it was indeed a flash forward, Jack's dad is dead.

2. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

Unless we're dealing with an alternate timeline induced by Jack and Kate leaving the island when they weren't supposed to.

3. joe

joe Active Member

He's so hepped up on Rush's drug of choice, he thinks his dad is still alive.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

They were visiting from the Gray's Anatomy finale before setting up for the scene in the Heroes finale where Sylar lives.

They saw there was no reason for them here in Lost land, and they moved on.

If your main reasoning for a shark is Jack's drunken ramblings about his dad, which could easily be interpreted to be him making the point that the hospital put up with his dead dad's drunkenness for a long time, then that's just not enough. I personally didn't think Charlie had to die in that situation, but oh well. If I were to further nitpick, the Others' shock at Juliet's betrayal . . . she had already tried to betray Ben and was branded for her efforts.

That was an amazing finale. Again, the writers are multiple steps ahead of all the fans. I love how they keep changing everything. Yes, I felt there was more to learn about the island. And I'm confident we will learn more.

And if they begin next season with the thought of going back, then I wonder where they will go with that. Hopefully, they go someplace smart from here. Sometimes shows create cliffhangers without an idea as to what comes next.

Hell, they could continue next season on the island, with Desmond warning them in time, then get them off the island in the final season. All tonight's flash forwards did was let us know that they do get away at some point, and Jack wants to go back. Maybe because he found he liked being Mr. Island Leader of Men.

But taken as itself without any baseless speculation as to where the show goes from here . . . .that finale was tip-top. Best one of all shows this season.

5. Best one of the season? I dunno. I was really into a few others, particularly the Hugo-VW bus episode, the next-to-last episode (Ben flashback) and the Juliet flashback.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit.

I'd heard one of the producers say they weren't doing any more flashbacks next season. I thought it was odd, until tonight's flashforward.

Jack talking about his father being alive reminded me that Jack saw his father on the island. They've never recovered his body, so perhaps he's not dead after all.

I know why Charlie did what he did, but I was frustrated by it. He could have easily swam out of the blown hatch and lived.

Desmond might be my favorite character on the show these days.

Next season, the Losties and Others join forces to fight off the bad guys on the ship while Penny's search party keeps trying to find them?

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I liked all three of those.

I meant best finale of this season. Maybe not best Lost episode, but it was the first season finale that didn't leave me a bit disappointed.

Haven't seen Smallville yet, to be fair.

And if they have stopped te flashbacks . . . . Ill miss them. Now, a format of flash forwards . . .I could definitely live with that. But the cutaways are great.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Holy shit. That was one amazing finale...

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I knew something was up when Jack pulled out a razr and thought, they didn't have those in 2004, is he in the present or near future?
    Charlie didn't have to do, but he thought he had to fulfill Desmond's vision.
    The more important thing, who was in the coffin?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ben? Sawyer? Locke?

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

That's the one thing I want to know. I'm sure it's on a message board somewhere. There was a pretty good shot of that newspaper when Jack first picked it up on the plane.

Really good finale.

12. chews2lose2

chews2lose2 New Member

Wow great final episode! Who could have died that would make Jack so upset and want to jump off a bridge? Kate said to Jack when asked "why would I go (to this funeral).
    Any ideas?

Draft saved Draft deleted