1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost canceled... after season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by steveu, May 4, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Maybe Jack will kill somebody.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Maybe. Ben is a dead man, obviously.

But I wonder if they'll return to that first season vibe of constantly being divided, since people don't trust Jack.

Aw, I gotta stop. Too many possibilities.

3. Clever username

Maybe he'll kill Juliet, though I trust her far more than Jack at this point. At least we have a sense of where she stands. Who would have thought Sawyer would be the voice of reason at this point?

4. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I have no sense of where Juliet stands right now.

5. Clever username

The episode with Sun gave a sense of it, when Juliet made the recording for Ben about Sun's condition and then added, "I hate you," after turning the recorder off.

I think she's doing what she has to do for Ben to stay alive, but truly does hate him and wants to leave the island. Whether she actually cares about Jack or is just using him to get off the island is still unclear, though. At least to me.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As long as we're speculating ...

A friend believes we might learn Hurley is the money man behind Dharma. I guess the theory is they gave him The Numbers so he could win the big lottery, they'd then get the money from him to fund their projects.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Make that five seasons too late.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Which is pretty much in agreement with what I said. No idea what she's going to do.

9. Clever username

True, but I don't see her killing any of them or setting them up to die to get what she wants. Hell, she shot that one guy to save Sawyer and Kate.

10. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I think she's in Michael territory. If it gets her off the island, she would probably do pretty much anything.

11. Clever username

She might be getting there, but I don't think she's quite that single-minded yet. Michael was straight-up psychotic by the end.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Juliet is in cahoots with Jack, and they have a plan to ambush the others when they try to ambush. The key will be if people can trust their plan. Sawyer bringing the tape back can help if they speak of their plan before it comes. It will hurt if they try to talk after it is revealed.

I have no doubt about Juliet's motivations. She wants off the island. That is where she stands. She also knows she has a trustworthy ally in Jack, so they will hitch their wagons to each other.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scuttlebutt has it that there will be five deaths before the end, including Locke's dad. Scuttlebutt has it there will be a gnarly mindfuck in the final episode of the season.

So (this is guessing on my part, knowing of reports that Jack will not die, and that a "fan favorite" will, and hoping it's not Sawyer or Locke):

Locke's dad
    Charlie
    Ben
    Hurley (the "fan favorite")
    Juliet

One of the Losties - Jack, Sawyer or Locke - ends up leading the Others, or just anothyer faction in a full-blown Lord of the Flies situation.

Or not. Hell, I'm not trying to solve mysteries; I just want to throw shit at the wall ad see what sticks. Like when I predicted Starbuck's death on Galactica . . . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted