1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost canceled... after season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by steveu, May 4, 2007.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Apparently, the Lost producers are going to end the show after the fifth season (2008-09) so they can plot an ending. The new season likely won't start until January, too.

As one of the Lost fans from this board, I can't say I'm disappointed. Better it go out on top than creaking and groaning through a 10th season with "oh come on!" twists and turns...

Whaddya think?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Better now that trying to drag it out. At least fans will have something to look forward to instead of wondering when the hell they'll get some asnwers.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Source? Link?

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Since this story launched earlier today, I have been hearing from multiple sources inside ABC that the story is "more complex" than what was originally reported by my colleague Marc Malkin in E! Online's Planet Gossip.

According to these sources, ABC will be making an announcement declaring an end date for Lost very soon. However, the exact number of remaining episodes and seasons is still muddy—and might not be exactly two seasons.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=75ed77ee-1972-467a-8f4e-b11e4b6a1259

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Thank you, ifilus. My bad. :)

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's been rumored for some time. Interesting that ABC might be declaring an end date for the show. That might really ramp up the ratings if people know the end is looming.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Gilmore Girls . . Alias . . . . Star Trek Voyager (from day one) . . . . . The Practice . . . . Friends (from day one) . . .

The world is littered with shows that simply hung on too long. If Lost can go out on its own terms, that would be great. Babylon 5 had a certain 5-year arc, but was relegated to cable to finish it. If Lost has a planned arc, no sense in going beyond that.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

There was only so far they could go with that scenario, and maintain some semblance of realism.
    It was lucky to make it as far as it did.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

gilmore girls? i bet you're a charter member of the american idol fan club, too. ;D

10. Lost going out on top? Have you looked at the ratings lately?

How about: Going out in the top 20.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i like lost. it's one of only about five shows i make a habit of watching.

that said, i have no problem with it going away.

on thursday i was too lazy to reach for my remote to turn off the TV after scrubs and watched the first five minutes of ER. that used to be must-see TV for me back when "must-see TV" was the actual slogan and we'd watch friends, seinfeld and ER on thursday nights. it's been at least five years since i gave a crap about ER.

i'd hate for lost to turn out that way; the plot lines would get ridiculous as they kept replacing actors over the years.

12. If we set an end date, doesn't that just mean "The Others" will lay in wait until that date...

Draft saved Draft deleted