1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 5/8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by STLIrish, May 8, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

That's the same actor playing Jack and Claire's dad. He just looks a little ... sleeker ... for lack of a better word.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Same actor playing Jack's dad and, if you noticed, the guy who gave Locke his test has appeared on the show in several episodes at all different times and his appearance hasn't changed. Same with the orderly who told Locke to go on walkabout.

Not sure what it means, but it is interesting.

3. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Certainly true about the test-giving guy, whose appearance has stayed roughly the same across decades, i.e. the entire span of Ben and Locke's lives. He could have some sort of island-related immortality or something.

The other guy (Lt. Daniels, his Lost name escapes me), is less clear. In the timeline of the show, we've only seen him over what's probably just a few years - from Locke in the hospital to visiting Hurley post-rescue. No reason for him to have visibly aged much.

Maybe Jack's dad just slimmed down because it's hard to find good scotch on the island.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The test-giver is also the one who first talked to Ben as a little boy. I'm thinking he doesn't age because he's traveling through time as Ben appears to be. He seems like he's pretty high up in the Others hierarchy.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I remember the test-giving guy saying in an episode last year, I think, that he was way, way older than he looked. He might have even mentioned something about immortality.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

His name is Richard Alpert.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I can't explain why, but I am losing interest. I watch because I've watched from the start and I'm curious about the end, but I'm no longer enjoying the ride.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watched a second time last night. Interesting that Horace's nose was bleeding, which was a symptom of those who had been time traveling. Also, the purge was at least before Alex was born, yet Horace said that he had been dead for only either 12 or 14 years.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Not only that, his nose was alternately bleeding or not bleeding from shot to shot. And this doesn't seem like a show that has continuity errors.

10. joe

joe Active Member

"You must chop down the tallest tree in the forest with ... a red herring."

Draft saved Draft deleted