1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 5/8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by STLIrish, May 8, 2008.

1. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Lost? Anyone?

Damn, gets wilder all the time. The flashbacks were kind of useless, aside, I guess from the fact that island folks knew Locke was special a long time ago. But the rest of it? Damn.
    Commando-man seems pretty hard core. And Sayid continues to impress, what with his going back to the island and all. It's hard to see how they get back at this point, but I suppose we'll find out next week.
    And I'm guessing Claire's actually dead, probably since the house she was in blew up a couple of episodes back. Just in some sort of island-undead state.
    Other thoughts?

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Sawyer picked up Claire after the explosion, and gave no indication she was dead.

I have no guess as to where this is going. Great show.

3. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Oh, I know. It's just that undead Claire is the only explanation I can think of for her abandoning her baby for the ghost of her dead father in the middle of the night, then sitting there all blissed out and knowing while Dad spills the island's beans to Locke.
    Like you said, no idea where this is all going, but a great show.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was a strange one. Is Locke invincible? Ben's comment last night made me think that Locke couldn't be killed, sort of like an extension of the Widmore-Ben conversation a couple of episodes back.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's an interesting idea. Would that mean Ben was invincible while being chosen but isn't anymore now that the torch has been passed to Locke?

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

You also have to remember that Michael has also been, for lack of a better term, "touched" by the island. He attempted suicide and lived. Tried to stand there when the bomb blew and it didn't go off. Guy went to shoot him last night and nothing happened.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

yeah, claire's toast. as for sawyer picking her out of the rubble -- shoot, losties have been interacting with all sorts of dead people on the island.
    sooooo many confusing things last nite, but two that stuck with me: why did the folks on the chopper want jack and his crew to know where they're going, and is sayyid going to make it to the island before it's moved?
    okay, i lied. more than one. what good does moving the island do if the chopper's already there?
    hmmm. weird shit.

8. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I thought it was the pilot who tossed the tracker onto the island, that way the Losties would know where the chopper people were at all times. I thought that's why he was frantically stuffing the thing into a bag while the military dudes were getting on board. The pilot was doing what he could to try and protect the Losties.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Man, this is getting almost too splintered for even me to follow, and I've watched and read religiously since episode 1. There are just so many layers.

How about the thing with the doctor who had washed up last week? Awesome. And if the chopper pilot really wanted to save everyone on the island, he should have circled around and gone full speed into the freighter, kamikaze style.

Also, how much do you want to bet we see that knife that decided Locke's fate as a boy again at some point?

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I can't explain it all and I don't want to. I'm just friggin' this season.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Didn't some of us think Locke was turning into an evil character a few weeks ago?

I think Jack saying in Los Angeles that he needs to get back to the island with Kate is a little more significant now. Especially if they moved the island.

Great show.

12. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Two things I'm hoping somebody can answer:

(1) Remember when the Losties on the beach were waiting for word that Sayid and Desmond had reached the boat safely? And it took a really long time and they explained it by saying that the time is different on the island? Well, if you had to wait a long time for something in another time continuum, that would mean the boat's continuum was behind the island's? Sorry, I'm going stream of consciousness here because that actually does make sense. The doctor ending up dead on the island before he's killed works the same way, I guess.

So, since I've answered my first question myself, on to...
    (2) Is that really Claire/Jack's dad? I know Claire called him that and that he also appeared to Jack, but that guy looks nothing like Jack's dad from Season 1 and a lot like an older version of the Others guy who gave Locke his weird-ass test and has appeared at various other times. Have they just changed actors, or am I not remembering Jack's dad correctly, or is there something else going on here?

Draft saved Draft deleted