1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 5/29

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 22, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think Jack's dad showing up saying "You can leave now" was "The Island" giving Michael permission to die. He'd done his job.

2. Someone on the "Lostcasts" site comments posted the spoiler on the end of the episode like eight days ago. I had kind of forgotten about it until the episode's end because I skimmed it and thought someone was talking out there ass, but when I went back to check, it was dead-on. Asshole. I mean, the guy just posted it out of nowhere on a comments blog.

3. joe

joe Active Member

Could Charlotte be Rousseau's real child that somehow was taken off the island as an infant? It seemed more logical last night.

4. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I still think it's the little girl that Ben knew when he was a kid. But maybe I missed something. Was that addressed since my last post?

I just realized something after reading about how the planet spinning, continents drifting, etc., etc. might cause the island to appear in a different place.

If they went into the past and if they can't control where the island appears, then it won't break the plane's fall. That plane will sink into the ocean. That could be the ultimate ending of this whole ordeal.

But then it gets a little cloudy for me. Okay, a lot cloudy. After all, there suddenly is an alternate reality. In one, the plane will crash into the ocean. In another, people who were supposed to crash into the ocean are now looking for the island.

My head hurts.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Some other thoughts:

1. Enjoyed seeing Sayed and Widmore's military guy finally duke it out, although I was a little disappointed that Sayed needed someone to save his life.

2. I'm wondering if Sun wants to team up with Widmore to find the island again, either to find Jin, or to get revenge on Jack.

3. I'm wondering if Jin could still be alive, since he was on the edge of the deck when it blew up. He could have been blasted into the water, and then hold onto some wreckage

4. Another great underrated line: "Lovely day for a swim," - Sawyer

5. We definitely haven't seen the last of Desmond and Penny. Widmore is going to eventualy find out about Desmond, and search for ways to kill him.

6. Also loved Ben's rationalization on a leader letting his emotions get to him to Locke when Locke asked him why he killed the military guy.

6. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Well, son of a gun. If you take the numbers, you can use them to find a coordinate that is south of Hawaii. If you stay on that same line and move straight west, you run right through the Sahara Desert.

7. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

No. Ben's "daughter" Alex was revealed to be Rousseau's daughter, who was kidnapped as an infant, but never actually removed from the island.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Anyone see the two 'alternative endings'?
    Two alternative corpses.

http://abcnews.go.com/gma

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just remembered something.

When the helicopter is flying towad the island, the ship wreck is behind them - still smoking and burning (even though we didn't see it, we know it because Sawyer and what's her face can see it from the island).

When the island disappears and they start flying around with nowhere to go, the shipwreck is nowhere in sight. So either that ship sunk with amazing speed, or the ship - and by assumed extension - Faraday's raft went back in time with the island.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

93Devil - That's a pretty good take on the wheel used to turn the island. My first question when he was walking down there was who built all of this? It seems as though the island is some sort of ship, not an island.

Also, why was it is so icy and cold where Ben was, but when he finally got the big wheel-thing to start spinning it was really hot and bright on the other side of the crack. Is it a hell type place?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There is a theory that the island is actually an alien spaceship, with the various Dharma stations being hatches to enter the ship.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That would annoy me, but it is a pretty good theory.

Draft saved Draft deleted