1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 5/29

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 22, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Started another thraed since I didn't see this one... My bad.

But, as I said there: this Jeremy Bentham has to be Ben. Bentham was a British philosopher from the 1800s. Don't see anyone else from the island chosing that name.

2. Killick

Shit, there goes that theory.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Everything that happened has been talked about on threads here...

except for the last two minutes.

:)

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Good god that was a great episode

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Boo. I thought my new episode of Lost started at 8. But it is just the encore. Now I have to wait another hour.

6. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

That was great. And now I gotta wait for fuckin' ever to see what happens next. :-\

8. That was a good one. I guess we can't discuss it FO REAL just yet, but it was a mindscrambler!

I loved Hurley's little rant toward the end. "Oh yea, Well, if he didn't move it, Jack, then how do you explain ..." This immediately after Kate described (spoiler withheld) as a "miracle."

Awesome.

9. Killick

Cripes. I didn't blink for the last couple of minutes.

In case you missed the commercials, alternative endings are airing Friday morning on Good Morning America. They filmed three, used one.

10. I thought it was good, but not great. I can't say I'm excited about having the entire next season devoted to Jack and Ben trying to convince the other 5 (dragging Locke's corpse) to go back to the island.

As I noted on the other thread, Hurley had the line of the night: "Checkmate, Mr. Eko."

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The line of the night was definitely "Checkmate, Mr Eko", but there is no line better this season or in this series than the line uttered simultaneously by Penny and Desmond at the end of the Constant.

In fact, that exchange may have been the best thing I've ever seen on television. I still can't watch it without tearing up (tried and failed to tonight).

12. I don't know if anyone can help me out, but over the course of the two hours I got confused re: where certain characters are. For example, where are we supposed to believe Rose and Bernard on? Did they die on the ship or are they still on the island? What about Farraday and his raft full of folk? Or the redhead and the Asian guy who sees dead people? Did they leave the beach? Are they just on a different stretch of beach?

Draft saved Draft deleted