1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 5/29

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 22, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I know this is a week early, but a buddy of mine told me about this site, and the person makes some very interesting observations.

I will say to not even bother clicking on it unless you really like complex Lost theories.

http://www.mormonfolklore.org/lost/lost-ben-vs-the-universe.htm

Ben versus Universe

"Ben is trying to change destiny. The Universe course-corrects him each time. But Ben is smart and determined to win (at any cost). He and the Universe are trying to out-maneuver each other like opponents in a cosmic course-correcting game of chess."

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I thought the site was interesting and somewhat plausible, but the idea of Ben vs. the universe seems pretty far-fetched to me.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I tend to stay away from those kinds of sites and just enjoy the show.

4. JakeandElwood

I think it's interesting to read the theories just to see what people are saying. You know it's going to be wrong so there's no harm done.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Me too. There are so many moving parts I don't really feel able to step back and look at the bigger picture, so I'm happy to read where others have been able to do so. Even if you don't buy it, it's usually something cool to think about.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think that site is underestimating the importance of Alpert. He's only mentioned once, and he's played a key role in several flashbacks and flash-forwards.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Interesting stuff.
    I like the direction the dude was going, but I also wonder if the fans won't all be disappointed in the end.
    With two more years to go, I am expecting a massive payoff and anything less will be a disappointment.
    Like the island is a portal to heaven, and in the finale Ben is a fucking archangel who fights his battles with a flaming sword or something like that.

8. JakeandElwood

He was also the one guided Ben when he was a kid. I can't decide if he's some type of sensai/tutor who helps teach young kids that have potential the ways of the island or if he's a higher up in the Others' society. It could be both I suppose.

9. JakeandElwood

My thoughts exactly.

10. 93Devil

Jesus, don't tell the Mormon with the chess theory was on to something.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm not reading this thread yet - we have 35 minutes before the show starts here - but is this a 2-hour special tonight or is there one episode this week and another next week?

12. 93Devil

Duece.

The end of the first hour ain't cool either.

Draft saved Draft deleted