1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 5/15

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, May 16, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm shocked there's not a thread for tonight's show. Is that a sign people are tiring of it?

Not really any answers tonight, but we did see the Oceanic 6 landing in Hawaii and re-entering society. And we saw how Jack finds out Aaron is his nephew.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I said it before and I'll say it again....

That six week break really killed the momentum this show had. I was hooked----hooked----for the beginning of this year and everything we saw in the first batch of episodes.

While I know I will love these recent episodes upon a second viewing, I can't help but feel that I've disconnected a bit from it. Maybe it's just because I was so in love with the first couple episodes and readily accepted Meet Kevin Johnson as the year's finale, i just don't know.

Also, I don't think there has been an episode thus far as mind-fucking blowing as The Constant in this latest batch so that's certainly not helping.

That being said, I thought this was a good episode. Loved the reunion stuff, especially the whole Kate being alone type thing. Also, it was nice to see Sawyer care about someone besides himself.

Looking forward to the finale, just wish it was next week not in two weeks.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Still hooked, still watching, still glad I stuck with it.

4. schiezainc

Oh, no doubt. See, I'm one of the few people that enjoyed the sidetrack in Season 3. I love this show and know that I'll be sobbing like a little bitch if/when Penny and Desmond are someday reunited. I also know that the day there are no more new episodes of this show is going to be a depressing ass day for me.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I looked at my watch 40 minutes in and thought, damn, this is going fast ...

It occurred to me that it's little wonder Jack keeps trying to go back. Everything he runs into post rescue seems to be a lie.

Oh, and did it strike anyone else that the orchid drawing Farraday had in his book looked a lot like the Oceanic logo?

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Novelist - I actually noticed that too, right off.

I am not sure what people are saying about the momentum talk. Every show went through this, and the good ones are getting through it. Lost has always had a dedicated audience, who are committed to the show. They come back when the show goes off for seven months, so I don't think seven weeks was a big deal.

The final two minutes or so of this episode is what I've always loved about lost. The soft, sad music playing while we shift to all the characters, really taking stock of where they are in their lives. Yeah, this show is about time travel. Yeah, this show is about bad people wanting to control everything. But it's also about a group of strangers, stranded on an island and trying to survive. My girlfriend just started watching this season, and I told her season one is going to blow her mind because there's none of what Ben brought us. It was about trying to survive, and a hatch on the island was the season-long mystery. And, to think, back then we were all astounded by it.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

It sets up the rest of the season quite nicely.

C'mon, somebody had to say it.

8. schiezainc

Oh man, that rug really tied the room together......

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

I've actually liked all the episodes since they came back, but let's call last night's installment for what it was: An hour of setting things up for what will hopefully be a great 2-hour finale.

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Perhaps I missed this. Are we to assume that Jim dropped a dime on Ryan?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Crossthread?

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

My bad.
    Though I thought I saw Toby boarding the raft.

Draft saved Draft deleted