1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 3/5/08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Mar 6, 2008.

1. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Wasn't the basketball scene with Jack and Hurley after Jack learns about the funeral? So it can't be Hurley. And Jack wouldn't have been so upset if it were Ben. Has to be Sun or Jin (maybe Sun when she has her baby since she conceived on the island?)

2. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

I'm guessing Michael is not only Ben's man on the boat, he also ends up being one of the "Oceanic Six" - the one in the casket.

Reasons: [1] The funeral director that spoke with Jack was African-American. [2] the neighborhood that the funeral parlor was in looked like it was predominately African-American. [3] Earlier Michael had betrayed them by leading Jack, Sawyer, Kate, and Hurley into a trap by the Others after making a deal with Ben for Walt and his escape from the island. Because of Michael's betrayal, four of the members of the "Oceanic Six", didn't care that Michael died and didn't attend his wake.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

the black connection is a likely one

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

I don't know exactly why, but I really did laugh out loud at the look on Sawyer's face when he saw Ben walking by and waved at him and Hurley.

Lame, I know...

5. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Mmm. That's a good point. #5 and 6 wouldn't have to be Sun AND Jin, could be Sun OR Jin. And now that I think about it, Ben off the island would presumably be in hiding, not well known and not merit an obit, if even a death notice. Michael, though, would, by virtue of being one of the Six, yet without Walt he'd have no one back in the world to care about him.

6. BRoth

BRoth Member

For those wondering about Michael, here's a picture I found: http://www.docarzt.com/lost-spoilers/lost-spoiler-huge-spoiler-meet.php

7. I think he may have indirectly. He asked Ben about storing $3.5 million or something and gave him a dollar. I think that was to tell him he knew about the room. But I may be way off here and it may be related to something completely different. I'll look it up.

edit: the scene I'm talking about probably is related to Miles bribe, and not knowing about the room. My bad G.

8. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Nah, that seemed to have taken place before the season finale last year involving Jack. Jack was a lot more together than in the first flash forward -- he was clean shaven, his apartment was neat, he wasn't bombed on booze and pills (although he was making a screwdriver for breakfast). If I had to guess, it took place around the same time as the Kate flash-forward.
    I also don't think Hurley was the guy in the casket. He had a family and friends before he left the island...Oscar's points about it being Michael are pretty good (based on the previous flashbacks, it looks like Michael doesn't have a family beyond Walt...for everyone else, I think we've seen them with parents or siblings)

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

I'm pretty sure the writers wanted to show that the scene with Jack and Hurley was before the season three finale. Jack eludes to wanting to grow a beard, which sealed that idea for me.

Plus, Jack isn't a drunk/popping pills yet. In that episode he's just drinking.

10. rube

rube Active Member

If I had to make a guess, and this might be something everyone has heard several times, but that scene with bearded drunk Jack and Kate will most likely be lived out in the last episode of this season.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I doubt it's Hurley in the casket.....go back and look. There's no way that tubby bastard is getting into that small ass casket. Hate to say it, but he's been on the island for nearly four months and hasn't dropped a pound. You think he's suddenly gonna go all Jenny Craig on us when he's back in the real world and can have all the Mr. Clucks chicken he could ever ask for?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's NOT Ben in the box, he is involved in some kind of "hit squad" with Sayid and wasn't on the plane.

Draft saved Draft deleted