1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 3/5/08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Mar 6, 2008.

1. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Juliet has great eyes. Seriously. You might date Kate, but you'd marry Juliet.

A fine episode; had to come down a bit from last week, and I'm not sure that we learned a whole lot new except that the two from the freighter apparently don't plan to just exterminate everyone. Which is nice. But it was entertaining. And I'm guessing Locke gets a revolt on his hands before long.
    As for next week, put it this way, I'll be shocked if Ben's "man on the boat" is anyone other than Michael.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I agree with this. They didn't stop Ben from doing anything, but by screwing with the system to disable it they risked releasing the gas. Although I don't understand what it is Faraday might not have been able to do. They played it off like he was worried about killing people, but I assume he just meant that he was worried he couldn't shut the system down.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Anyone else think that the whole Michael being the man on the boat thing is the worst kept secret in the show's history? I mean, really. I haven't read any spoilers or whatnot, but all i see on Lost message boards and on threads about the show is that Michael is coming back, Michael is coming back, Michael is coming back. At this point, I'll settle for anyone else in the entire world if it means it's not Michael and he's secretly going to come back later in a way that's actually shocking.

4. Hell, his name is in the opening credits every single week.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I want to watch the episode again before I pass final judgment, but one thing from previous seasons doesn't jibe with the way that Ben was all puppy dog about Juliet. When he went into Juliet's house the first time that we saw her (Season 3's first episode?), he made a sarcastic comment about not being in the book club anymore the way that an ex-boyfriend would.

Is the "her" which Mrs. Goodwin referred to Ben's childhood crush?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So Penny's dad sends a boat, but Penny doesn't know about it?

It may be Michael, they certainly seem to imply that, but they have implied things before and then again it could just as easily be Walt, a grown up version of him.

And if you watch the tease, who the crap is the woman in chains that throws herself off the boat? She looked to be a face that hadn't been seen before and how did Goodwin's wife, just show up, then disappear?
    I think that might be a major plot point for future episodes and might very well explain many of the things that have happened on the island so far.
    And is the reason why Jack wants to get back to the island so bad is because Juliette is still there?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think this episode just set us up for more shocks down the road.

Nothing was too shocking in it, IMHO.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Couldn't help but notice Juliet was quite jiggly in that tank top. I'm surprised she didn't knock herself out running through the jungle.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Juliet has man hands.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was thinking of it was a reference to Ben's mother.

I think Faraday is who he says he is. He's not a devious employee of Whitmore's out to kill everyone on the island. If anything he's a pawn in all this as well.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Penny and her dad have two very different aims though. She wants to find the love of her life, Desmond, who is on the island while her dad who hates Desmond wants to find the island to exploit it.
    As for Jack wanting to go back, I think all of the six are going to get that urge eventually. In the flash forwards we've seen Hurley then Jack later in the timeline so I think it's safe to assume Kate etc. will also want to go back sooner or later.

12. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I keep thinking that they're rescued in the next season, then the final two are about their quest to go back to the island.

I'm certain that would kill the show, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted