1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 3/13/08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mannheimadler, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Jin is dead -- why would Sun and Hurley visit his grave if he were still alive?

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Wouldn't Jack's dad's body be in the wreckage of the plane? Unless he really did spring back to life, in which case I guess he's hanging out on the island somewhere, in his suit with a scotch.

As for Aaron being a "devil baby," I vaguely remember something like that, but it might have just been Claire freaking out. I'm still trying to figure out how he gets off the island, unless he really is Kate's.

And I'm sure Walt, and his powers, will return in due time.

3. rube

rube Active Member

Because if he was one of the ones left on the island that Jack kept yelling "We have to go back" for ... then wouldn't he pretty much be "dead" to the living real world anyway? It's not like Sun can ever see him again (if he was indeed left on the island), so the tombstone (which has the Sept. 22, 2004 date on there, the date the plane actually crashed) would be more or less a representation of him in spirit. They can't have any contact ... and the tombstone is like a sentimental thing or whatever.

Also, Mustang, when I read your post about holes before I read it ass ..."I know people were talking about big assholes on the show" ... maybe I'm dyslexic, but it was hilarious for about 10 seconds before I realize my error.

4. I looked back myself today. It indeed read 9.22.04 -- the day of the plane crash. We know that's inaccurate information.

I'm not paying that much attention to the Oceanic Six guessing game because I think the Oceanic Six is a sham. Those will be the six survivors unveiled to the world. I believe many others will continue their lives on the island by choice ... while others integrate back into society without fanfare. I mean, really, how can Sayid be a celebrated Oceanic 815 survivor and a hit man?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Did they ever explain the "big foot" statue on the island?

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

But if he's not dead, why would Hurley specifically say they should go see "him?" Not his grave, him.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Nope.

8. rube

rube Active Member

You've never heard a the phrase "Let's go visit, him/her" uttered in a television show when people are about to visit a gravesite? Lost is never that literal.

9. DanOregon

The more simple the answers are the better. I just want to feel "of course" or "it was right there the whole time.." when this thing ends instead of a "huh?" or "Whatever..."

I think the show-runners on this thing have done a fantastic job in their story-telling and layering. I'm hoping that the crash and island mystique were caused by some sort of electrical storm that had a bad reaction with island, causing it to become "magnetized." And the implosion of the bunkers reversed the process. Something that people can get their heads around.

10. rube

rube Active Member

I just hope we don't get a Sopranos or a Bob Newhart/St. Elsewhere ending. If the island ends up in the snow globe of an autistic child, I'm going to stab someone.

11. DanOregon

I'll buy you the knife. And it will be rusty and jagged and have one of those things on the top that rips the skin as it is pulled out.

12. rube

rube Active Member

You got a deal!

Draft saved Draft deleted