1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 3/13/08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mannheimadler, Mar 13, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

If time moves slower on the island, perhaps the boat is a year or more ahead? If it happened to be the same time of the year Said wouldn't notice. That means that Michael could have been off the island for a long time, giving him time to get Walt to safety and then find his way back undercover.

Mostly though, I don't really care about guessing. I just like to wait and see what happens next.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Funny . . .your recollection seems to be a bit off. But whatever.

Let me rephrase: there are a lot of the same questions being asked every week. Theories are one thing, and I enjoy reading those, no matter how crazy.

But "Isn't Kate pregnant? Isn't Ben one of the Six? Was Jin really a flashback?" etc. . . . those get mentioned all the time, when the (simple) answers were provided in the show for all to see. It's not about "encyclopedic knowledge," it's about seeing the same already discounted questions and theories come up on every week's thread. It's about creating questions where none exist.

Next someone will ask "Gee, do you think they're in purgatory?!?!"

A running thread puts everything in one place.

3. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I decided last night that the people were thrust into the future when they crashed because they went through a time warp. But I also decided that their past selves were killed in the plane crash. Therefore, they're alive in the future but dead in the past. This, I understand, has nothing to do with anything that's been teased in recent episodes. I just like the idea.

4. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Does someone piss in your Corn Flakes EVERY morning? Or do you just have them piss right into the box as soon as you get them home from the store?

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

6. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

There's actually a very easy way to distinguish between the flashbacks and the flash-forwards, if you're listening carefully. Flashbacks are preceded by a distinctive, "whoosh" sound effect; flash-forwards are not.

7. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Wow. Nice catch. I never noticed that. Now I'm gonna be listening to see if that remains true.

8. rube

rube Active Member

Ok, who's going down next week? My heart wants it to be KJ, I hated that asshole from the minute he was introduced. But who knows really.

I agree with all of the flashback/flashforward folks ... after thinking about it for a while all of it made sense with the phone, the different hospitals, the year of the dragon and what not. Also, Jin's not dead ... he's clearly one of those "fake" dead passengers who they left on the island. Sun was crying at the grave because he may as well be dead to her, he'll never get to see her again.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice that the dragon that Jin looked at, made the same noise as the smoke monster?
    Or was that my imagination?

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't think Michael is 100 percent the next survivor.

I'm also pretty sure Kate isn't pregnant and her son Aaron, is really Claire's son. I think this because once she said the name "Aaron" a few episodes ago... the scary music sounded and the episode ended.

I also think the person in the casket could be somebody who died on the island and was brought back. I doesn't exactly have to be a survivor. Regardless, it could be anyone from the island. Because nobody on the island has any family. Except for fellow survivors. Everyone is either single, divorced, a criminal, a liar... etc.

Last comment: I think Jin could be alive and be No. 6 and they have to keep it secret because of his past.

Also, someone mentioned big ass holes in the show. Here are three:

Where is Jack's dad's body?
    What is Aaron's deal? Didn't a pyschic freak out about the baby being a devil baby or something?
    Also didn't Walt have strange powers that they showed in the flashback in like season 1? When are those things going to come into play?

Hope I did not offend Rasputin with this post. I do watch the show.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Jack's dad was spotted in Jacob's cabin, in the rocking chair.
    Or at least that's who Hurley saw when he looked inside.
    That's all I got, I don't know how to explain it...

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

If survivor #6 were kept secret wouldn't they then be known as the 'Oceanic Five'?

Draft saved Draft deleted