1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 3/13/08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mannheimadler, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

We saw Ben off the island in the Sayid episode earlier this season. After that woman Sayid was dating shot him, he went to see Ben, who patched him up in what looked like a veterinarian's office.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Sorry for the double post. The person in the casket could be No. 6, but the newspaper clipping was pretty insignificant for a person that would be fairly famous.

3. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Okay. I forgot about Sayid even being one of the six. I faintly recall that now. Gee, there's some added confusion I didn't need.

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

The visit to the funeral home actually occurred in last season's finale. According to Jeff Jensen, who writes about Lost for ew.com, (sidebar here: I strongly recommend his weekly preview columns on Thursdays and TV Watch recaps on Fridays. Very helpful.) Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof have confirmed that the identity of the corpse in the casket will be revealed by the end of this season. At this point, I'm thinking it's Michael.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Remember -- some time has passed between any rescue and the funeral. Sun gives birth to the baby, Hurley goes to the pysch ward, Kate goes on trial and then Jack breaks down. The Oceanic Six may not be such big news anymore.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I think we need to just have a running "Lost" thread . . . . getting a lot of the same questions every week . . . .

Maybe a catchall thread with every answer and fact would make it easier and stifle my desire to ask some people "Aren't you actually WATCHING the damn show?!?!?!?!?"

The six are: Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun and . . .yeah, either Jin or Michael. I have to check my tape of last night's (my wife is at work when it's on, so I tape it) to see the numbers on Jin's gravestone. If they're after 2004, then he's No. 6.

The polar bear was part of Dharma's experiments.

I have no idea on the smoke monster . . .always assumed it was the "spirit" of the island, an avatar for the island, like Jacob.

I regard the connections between characters as stuff just put in there so we say "Oh, how neat!"

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think everyone who is a fan of this show should get a copy of A Wrinkle in Time from a fifth grader and give it a read.

The concept of karma is a vital part of that novel and is yet another thread between Wrinkle and Lost. Karma was also the name of the boat in the that Desmond, Michael and Sayid are on right now.

You also had a black mist creature in Wrinkle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Wrinkle_in_Time

Oh, I'm pretty sure Jin is not dead. His knowing the gender of the baby was not just pulled out of someone's ass.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I've read from several "sources" (aka BLOGS!) that the date of Jin's death was Sept. 22, 2004, or the day the plane crashed, which seems to indicate he either died on the island or is still alive on the island, a fact that is being covered up by the Oceanic Six and their cover story that only eight people survived the crash and two died on the island.

9. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

or we could just have a catchall thread where Piotr Rasputin tells everyone what is exactly going on. last week you came here bellyaching about people not actually watching the show, spouted off about something you thought happened when the exact opposite happened. no one hopped on their horse and asked if you were watching the show.

i hardly watch tv. my wife watches this one. so i have started watching over the past two seasons. she tries to fill me in on what i may missed. sometimes, i miss an episode. i'm working. i'm on the road. i don't always go back and watch if it i missed it. not everyone has an encyclopedic knowledge of what happened on every episode. sometimes, it's just fun to come here and spout off theories because it's the kind of show that invites that kind of discussion. if it bothers you that much, don't click on the thread and start your own all-knowing lost thread. then, the rest of us can be enlightened.

10. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Word.

11. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Anyway ...

I think I mentioned last week my theory is that seats were running out to leave the island and Jin gave his up for Sun.
    I think the six are Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun and eventually Michael.
    For that to be true, something had to have happened to Walt. I know that's a stretch, but think about it: Michael is now on Whitmore's boat with Walt nowhere in sight. If Walt were still alive and healthy, then why would Michael leave him and go undercover on the boat?

My guess is that Walt is still alive ... somewhere. Remember, we haven't seen Walt in a while. I'm thinking about the whole time travel aspect of the show. If we don't see Walt again until the final season, he's going to be a lot bigger/older looking, so they could play off that. Future Walt comes back, or something to that effect.

Maybe Ben has Walt trapped in sometime in the future and Michael (Ben's man on the boat?) is undercover to try to get his son back?
    I don't know, I'm just throwing shit out there.
    This is such a great fucking show, I think we all could throw out plausible theories and the writers might still be able to top them all.

BTW, group me in with the people who liked last night's twist of Jin's flashback vs. Sun's flash forward. It was very well crafted and, now that I think about it, there were clues all through the episode to tell us exactly what was happening.
    That's what I've always said: When this show finally finishes, I can't wait to watch all of the DVDs and see how the writers crafted everything from Day 1. I know there's going to be a lot of "Ohhhhhh, THAT'S why they said this and that" moments.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tripp, without question once the final episode airs, I will take off work for 3-4 days and just watch every episode of every season.

I also hope in the DVD extras is the pop up feature pointing out all the crap that was once there, but we missed.

Remember the Dharma logo on the shark?

Draft saved Draft deleted