1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 3/13/08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mannheimadler, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Ok, Ok....

Was Jin a flash back...Sun a flash forward/forwarder?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No. When he delivered the panda.... Sun was in the hospital bed.

So he was there but could not go in? I think?

and where is walt?

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Jin was a flash back to the time he was working for Sun's dad. He did say he'd only been married for two months.

This leads me to believe that Sun's flash-forward happened after Jin's death. Now how he dies is another story all together. That being said, I enjoyed this episode. I thought Michael's reveal was nicely done and I can't wait until next week.

4. Jin's scenes were flashbacks. When he looked in the delivery room, that wasn't Sun, that was another pregnant Asian woman. Apparently there are more than one in the Lost universe.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Pregnant asian women all look alike.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Could be -- or maybe Jin reverts to being an asshole once off the island, fakes his death, goes to China and gets married to someone else, all while still working for Sun's father.

I think Jin flashback makes more sense.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

the panda was for China. His cell also looked very old, which indicates it is a flashback.

it said on the tombstone that he died in 2004, which means either that he never gets off of the island (and they say that he dies in the crash or is one of the two who survive the crash and later die pre-fake rescue) or that he dies in the next 3-4 days.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought this was the last new one for a couple of months, thanks to the writers' strike.

9. Jack_Bauer24

Jack_Bauer24 New Member

1. The pregnant lady in the bed wasn't Sun. So that was definitely a Jin flasback/Sun flashforward. Didn't Jin do honest work for Sun's father before he started killing people? Or am I misremembering?
    2. I wonder if Jin got off the island and died, making him one of the Oceanic Six. Or did he die on the island (doing anything to protect Sun and the baby, like he said) and he's not actually buried in the cemetery Sun and Hurley visited?
    3. I want to go back to check the numbers on the tombstone.
    4. On a side note, I absolutely love the Jin-Sun story. From the first one in the Season 1 to this one, I just love them. I think Jin is such an underrated character. I think their story is tremendous.

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I think there's one more (at least). A Michael flashback. They advertised previews for next week, anyway.

And yes, definitely seemed like a Jin flashback/Sun flashforward, even if it was just a bit of trickeration on the Jin part. Hard to tell, though, if he's dead or just still on the island. I'd imagine if he was still on the island, he'd have been presumed dead and had a funeral, unless Sun said otherwise (and for some reason to be revealed later, the survivors seem to be hiding the fact that the rest are still alive). Hence the gravestone. His date of death was Sept. '04, in line with the plane crash.
    Sun mostly said she "missed" him, and Hurley said it was "good" that no one else was coming to the grave. So my guess is he's still out there. But could be either way. I'd cross him off from "the six."

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I too felt that this was a Jin flashback and a Sun flashforward. Jin was pretty demanding in the flashback with the store clerk, and he really blew up when the stranger took his taxi cab ride.

The way that the flashback/flashforward was presented was a pretty good twist.

My other theory is that Jin is still alive, but the grave is supposed to represent the fake Jin that supposedly went down with all the other people on the plane, but is being covered up by Penelope's dad.

Really loved the scene between Jin and Sun at the end when Jin forgives her. Very touching.

The Michael return wasn't that great. You could see him all the way down the hall. It wasn't a huge buildup, or a big surprise.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

The only numbers I caught on the tombstone were Jin's birth and death dates: 1974 and 2004.

Draft saved Draft deleted