1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 2/28

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Did anyone else find it disconcerting that the actor playing Desmond actually cut his hair and shaved? The facial you can grow back, but the hair obviously takes time, a lot of time. Unless it's been a wig this whole time, it will take a year and a half, two years for him to grow all that back. My point is, does anyone else think Desmond might die? Why else would they let the actor cut his hair?

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I thought about that, too. But Desmond is too important a character to die anytime soon. The short hair looked almost fake to me, but that might have been because it's so different from what we're used to.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I hope so. What island-Desmond has, though, is an awful lot of hair to tuck away. My hair has been that long. It doesn't really have anywhere to go.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I suspect in Hollywood they know a few tricks.

The question I have, from a look point of view, is why they haven't had Hurley lose any weight since he's been on the island for like 100 days? I know he had some food stashed for a while, but it always looks silly to me to see him still so big after three months without his usual fare of junk food.

I know I'm being picky, though.

5. Giggity

Giggity Member

1. I don't get how that means Faraday was jumping back and forth in time - I just took that as a "go see me in 1996" deal.

2. My take was that 1996 Farday thought 2004 Faraday was trying to help him(self) out by providing him with the tech info he needed to make his gizmo work.

But 3 and 4 are probably true.

I talked to a friend today who thought this was another episode that provided all questions, no answers. I disagreed. I think this might have been one of the most satisfying episodes of the series. It was, maybe, the strongest solid evidence so far that there is some serious, next-level shit going on in this show. There's been tons of circumstantial evidence and innuendo and such, but I can't think of another instance where it seemed so concrete. There's been stuff like Locke walking again, so maybe it was the involvement of an Oxford physicist that made it feel more legit - but I still felt like this was a big step forward.

6. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I thought it was great. The phonecall with Penny very nearly brought me to tears and I'm not exactly a cryer.

7. During the phone call, didn't Penny say something about her having contact with Desmond's friend, Charlie?

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Yes. In last season's finale Charlie spoke to Penny just before he died. That's how he knew she didn't have anything to do with the ship.

9. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Yes. She talked with Charlie on some sort of video-phone just before Charlie died. But I think Desmond knew that.

10. Great episode, but it definitely made my head hurt.

Count me in the group of people that thought there were more questions than answers. I don't think the show answered anything other than the fact that we're dealing some sort of time travel issue, or a Bermuda Triangle type thing.

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

At least we know that Ben probably wasn't lying about having a person on the ship. It makes sense that if that's true, that would be the unnamed person who sabotaged the radio equipment.

Still sticking to my guns that is Michael, who has his own centric show in episode eight.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

this was the least satisfying episode i can remember in a long time. it's getting X-files-ish. x-files was great in the beginning but jumped into the level of absurdity to the 100th power in its last few years.

Draft saved Draft deleted