1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 2/28

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 28, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That episode was amazing.

I don't know if I will be able to go to sleep anytime soon.

So much was explained, and so many more questions to be answered.

Classic fucking Lost.

Constants. Constants. Constants.

Book sales for A Wrinkle in Time just shot through the roof as did Netflix rentals of Frequency.

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Great episode. Desmond might be the best character on the show.
    But what, exactly, was explained?

3. That was a mindfuck if I've ever seen one. My girl gave up after 20 minutes. I thought the constants thing was excellent. I've never read A Wrinkle in Time. Lots of similarities?

4. 93Devil

Predicting Charlie's demise.

Why he went on the boat race.

Why everyone seems to be intertwined.

Why his girlfriend keeps looking for him.

One of the special powers created by the island.

5. 93Devil

Explanations of A Wrinkle in Time and how time and the universe might be shaped or arranged.

http://www.math.brown.edu/~banchoff/Yale/project12/math.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole

Mind you, A Wrinkle in Time is read by children at around 11 or 12 years old.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

everything is a lot easier to understand now

7. Sly

Sly Active Member

The show just jumped the shark for all of us who just want to watch a damn television show and not read a Phillip K. Dick novel one week and A Wrinkle in Time the next. Fun while it lasted, and at least we got to see a lot of Penny this week.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Good show, but confusing in parts. At least we know why Desmond can look into the future. (I think)

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Whoa...I just had a thought, and forgive me if this is obvious to anyone else, but what if ALL of the characters on the island are having some degree of Desmonditis? And all of the flashbacks and flash-forwards aren't just a plot device, but are the characters jumping back and forth in time and not realizing it?
    About 30 minutes into the episode, I looked over at the wife and she had a confused look on her face I had never seen before. Now, I think my head is starting to hurt too.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And did anybody else catch the origin of the Black Rock freighter during the auction scene? I thought Rousseau was supposed to have come to the island on it. If it was wrecked in the 1800s, then...uhhhhh...huh? They might have just introduced a new mystery without 90 percent of the audience catching on.

11. joe

joe Active Member

I like this show. A lot.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Never read "A Wrinkle In Time," which is probably why my wife, who has read it, laughed when I said the episode reminded me of Jean Greay's timeshifts when she was becoming Dark Phoenix 28 years ago in X-Men comics.

And hell yes, this episode was good. That phone call . . . wow.

It still impresses me greatly that ashow about people stranded on an island continues to seamlessly integrate new characters. Just awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted