1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 2/21

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Theoldbenchwarmer, Feb 21, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wasn't Frequency the movie where the father and son talk through time and the son saves his dad from dying in a house fire or something? Time travel, father and son. Hmmm...
    Great episode.
    I just wonder why Jack had to invent the whole new backstory for the crash and the first flash forward, how far was it in the future? It is obvious the current crop is only a couple three years from the crash, just based on the age of baby Aaron, but it seems like Jack still has it together, still working as a doctor, but in the first flash forward, it seemed like he had totally lost it and what cracks him?
    And I thought the producers had said they were going to do five mroe episodes for this season, now that the strike is over?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yes, talking through time was involved with the plot. Great catch.

Was someone reading A Wrinkle in Time in a previous season?

3. 93Devil

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/celebritology/2007/11/lost_book_club_a_wrinkle_in_ti.html

Yep.

Now I am convinced time travel is part of this show.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So the 30-minute discrepancy in the clocks last week wasn't enough?

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Of course Kate said Aaron -- why in the hell would her saying Eric be the cliffhanger line? And his age gives us some guidance on how forward the flash-forwards are. They gave Jack some gray hair, and I was thinking they might be trying to imply that this was further into the future.

Here's a really good interview Entertainment Weekly did recently with the creators. Not really much in the way of spoilers (which I'm thankful for), but some interesting stuff on their general philosophy and where they're going, including addressing the issue of time travel.

http://tinyurl.com/ywa6uo

One thing worth noting: They said the thing with the bracelet last week was basically a screw-up. It was supposed to be Elsa's bracelet reminding Sayid of Naomi and making him think of her, not meant to imply that Elsa and Naomi are connected somehow in a secret bracelet society.

6. 93Devil

True.

But now it looks like there is a character or characters jumping through time.

A Wrinkle in Time also had a black mist as a character.

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Like OHB said, very interesting stuff in that frame-by-frame recap.
    As time goes on, this show is definitely splitting into two very different themes. Some of us really seem to enjoy the supernatural element, and there are those online who are frantically looking for clues to possible time-travel and alternate realities.
    I've always enjoyed this show for the characters, though. I am not so much worried about how Ben travels around, but about how the presence of Ben effects other characters.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I thought this episode was ok. Nothing special, except for the mind fuck at the end with Aaron, although it was pretty heavy-handed foreshadowing in the scene with Claire at the clothesline. Nice of Claire to grieve over Charlie for about two and a half hours before she was fine and smiling again. That was kind of weak.

Hurley's line about Kate totally "Scooby Doo-ing" him was nice, as was Locke's "enjoy your breakfast."

But overall, I thought it was just ok. I imagine Kate's "can't leave the state" condition of her probation will be relevant at some point.

9. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Henry? You mean Desmond? Also, isn't it possible that Aaron at the end of the episode could be Kate's natural son whom she named in honor of the other one? That would mean more time would have elapsed, accounting for Jack's gray hair and his reluctance to see the kid (i.e. it's his or Sawyer's).

10. 93Devil

No, they are still alive on the island. At least I think most of them are still there.

11. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I think he means Ben (who we first knew as Henry Gale). But I can't see how Ben is one of "the six." Or Aaron or Desmond for that matter. They'd have to be people who were on the plane. Otherwise folks would quickly figure out that all was not as it seemed after the plane crash.
    My guess is there's a couple more that just haven't been revealed yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted