1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 2/21

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Theoldbenchwarmer, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Someone w/ Tivo (or better ears)....

Did Kate say Eric or Aaron??

and please don't scooby-do me.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Aaron.

Damn.

3. that's what I thought.

Holy shit

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She said Eric.

Edit to add -- I looked on the TWOP forum and they report that the closed caption said Aaron.

5. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Yeah, I thought I heard Aaron, too. And they kind of foreshadowed it in that scene earlier where she didn't want to pick Aaron up. But if so, how'd they get him off the island?

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

My guess is (and I don't read spoilers)...that Claire got injured, died, or was generally left on the island. I don't think that Kate would have just taken Aaron and the others would have been cool with it. Perhaps there were only six spots and Claire figured she'd at least try to save her kid and gave him to Kate to look after until the rest of the Losties were rescued.

I knew throughout the episode that it had to be Aaron. I never really bought into the whole "Kate-Saywer" kid angle and figured that for her to feel that special about a kid, special enough to just about agree to whatever kept her out of prison, it had to have been a child she had a deeper relationship with than just mother-son. I mean, i know giving birth isn't the easiest of options, but there just had to be a deeper connection. Hell, she wouldn't even let her mother see the kid.

As for the episode as a whole, who else thought that the whole Locke grinade bit was badass? I just about lost it when he told him "enjoy your breakfast". Then again, I'm no expert, but how long can you really expect to hang onto one of those in your mouth? If I were Miles, I'd have spit it out and tried to punt it out that glass window. Then again, with my luck I'd miss and just about get the words "Oh Sh--" before i exploded into bits. :)

Solid episode overall, can't wait to find out more.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Another good solid episode. I thought Kate said 'Eric' at the end. But I did notice that the child had blond hair, which first made me think it was Sawyer's. I also was wondering in Jack and Kate's meeting at the taxicab, what Kate meant by having 'him' meant not just having a cup of coffee. Maybe because the three of them would have a special connection?

And on a weird side note, and yes, I realize they're both Asians, why does a part of me think Miles is a relative of the Dharma guy (I forget his name) that was in the films at the hatch.

8. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

I also thought she said Eric, but Aaron makes a lot more sense.

Now that begs the question of what happened to Claire. After all, according to Desmond she's supposed to get on a helicopter with Aaron.

9. schiezainc

That doesn't mean she makes it off safely.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Getting on a helicopter doesn't necessarily mean she will get off safely.

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I had actually thought that when Jack accosted Kate outside the courtroom, she was going to say "You don't want to come over because you don't want to see your son."

I didn't buy that it was Sawyer's kid. But I certainly didn't expect that to happen.

12. schiezainc

I actually thought Sawyer was a goner at one point in this episode. Locke just had one of those looks, ya know?

As for the whole Kate/Jack thing, I'm interested to see what happens between their back of the courthouse encounter to the night outside the airport. Something had to set Jack off and make him desperately want to go back to the island, and i can only hope it's something like....

Jack: Kate, we have to go back!
    Kate: Why Jack? Why?
    Jack: Well, I kind of left my good socks in the hatch.

Draft saved Draft deleted