1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 2/14/08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 14, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sorry if there is a thread already started.

Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben...

Sweet Lord, did that ending just geek me up.

So we now know five of the six. Or do we?

Is Desmond the sixth? If not, well, that does not bode well for him.

2. He wasn't really a member of the oceanic flight, though, was he?

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I watched the first season on DVD a few months ago and haven't seen anything until the two episodes tonight. I really should rent the other seasons.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In the words of John Locke, I think that we're going to need to see that again.

5. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Ya think?

No, I don't think Ben is one of the Oceanic Six. He (given his secret closet - why didn't Sayid mention that to anyone?) appears to have a way in and out of the world on his own.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The beginning and the ending were easily the best parts.

Ben and Desmond weren't on Oceanic thus couldn't be part of the Oceanic Six. I can't wait for next week.

7. 93Devil

Where do those 30 minutes go?

What a great show.

8. JakeandElwood

You know it's a great show when a ridiculous discrepancy like that is largely overlooked. ....

9. 93Devil

.... until next week when it is partially explained.

10. JakeandElwood

Hopefully ...

I especially liked the Hurley subplot.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

There's definitely an element of time travel that's going to come into play. The producers have hinted at that.

So we're left to think that after they get off the island, Ben employs Sayid and others to hunt down whoever is behind the (non-)rescue ship in order to keep those left on the island safe? And those people make a pretty lousy secret shadow group if they go around giving out matching bracelets.

It's getting to the point where they're introducing too many questions and they're going to have to start feeding us some answers. Stuff like the Sayid thing tonight is interesting to watch, but it's threatening to become tiresome without some context or something to work with. It's like watching a movie in a language you don't speak -- seemed like a good movie, but I don't really know what it was about.

12. ifilus

ifilus Active Member

I think there's something fishy about this Ben guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted