1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Los Angeles Sports Reporters/Writers/Journalists needed. Huge Site Opening

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by ReportSide, Jun 13, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's in freelance because we've seen far more of these offers prove fruitless than fruitful over the years on the job boards, and it's one way to perhaps temper excitement.

Hey, if this becomes the real deal and pays real full-time cash to real people, I'll sticky their next wave of hires to the top of the jobs board. But if I had a sawbuck for every one of these that never fulfilled its promises, I could play a couple rounds at Pebble Beach.

2. susancingarimma

susancingarimma New Member

Hi Congrats on your new venture.

I am a freelance reporter/ producer based in south Florida. I mostly cover MMA and boxing because I love those two sports but I have covered baseball and football as well . Pro not a lot of college. One of the areas I have a lot of contacts in are the celebrity driven stories as one of my clients is ET so I often do a lot of cross over lifestyle stories with the more name brand athletes so to speak.

So for example I was invited to Reggie Bush's photo shoot for a skin care line( gasp) scary I know. I spent the day with Dwayne Wade as he launched his new sneaker etc.

If you send me your contact details maybe we can connect and if there is a need for a story based out of your region I can follow up. Thanks Susan Cingari.

susancingari@gmail.com

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Who is Dwayne?

4. Starting17

Starting17 Member

Fair point, but anyone can claim or say their site will be great...but almost none have actually done so. On this board at least.

5. ReportSide

ReportSide New Member

I'm sure there are a ton of sites that come here with B.S intentions and its fine that the thread got transferred here to freelance. We have to prove that the site is legit and we will.

All people interested have been messaged.

Thank You

6. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I left a message on this site for the original poster last week....and never heard back.

7. ReportSide

ReportSide New Member

Sorry missed it. Replied now
    Thank You

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I have a buddy who goes by the name JDV, and he may be the person you're looking for to get this startup rolling. His stuff is hot, provably, demonstratively hot. And he has some good connections with Mark McGwire!

9. ReportSide

ReportSide New Member

Messaged! Thank You

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

JOKE

ReportSide's Head

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Anybody every hear back from this outfit outside of the initial contact?

Was curious if any hiring has happened yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted