1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Los Angeles Sports Reporters/Writers/Journalists needed. Huge Site Opening

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by ReportSide, Jun 13, 2013.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

And once again, HOW MUCH will these positions pay?

2. ReportSide

ReportSide New Member

We already have contacts all over so its not me tweeting it out. Im not the only one with access . All our writers do.

Continue to scroll down and you will see more breaking news before mainstream.

3. ReportSide

ReportSide New Member

Dont want to disclose the salaries because if the reporter is high profile then he/she will obviously make more but ALL salaries are competitive. Great workplace = great company.

4. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Some breaking news you guys posted: Getting beat by Ken Rosenthal (not sure if he was lead reporter) by about 25 minutes on Puig being out, getting beat by MLB.com on Kontos/Bochy suspension by about 20 minutes and getting beat by Ed Werder on Tebow signing by about 10 minutes.

Any range on the salaries? You don't have to be specific, but you can say 40-70,000 range or whatever it may be. People are going to be wary about you being a new news organization. If you throw out a range of big numbers, you'll attract talent.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Since you're just hiring reporters I guess that means the copy editors are already in place, eh?

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

When NDJ eats your lunch, you know you're in trouble.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You are the president of North Korea, correct?

9. pattersonjarrod

pattersonjarrod New Member

I am VERY interested in this opportunity. Where can I send resume and work samples to? Who should I contact?

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I think this is the kid of job just made for Pickle_Juice.

11. STLwriter

STLwriter Member

Are writers based out of LA, or can they be based out of anywhere. If I'm based in St. Louis, will the site pay to fly me to cover something or would I just stay in the region?

It might help if you posted your vision, plans, salary, etc. What about benefits? 401k? Seems intriguing, but there are A LOT of unanswered questions.

12. ReportSide

ReportSide New Member

Puig was giving to us straight from the dodgers organization. Yes we were a little late putting it on twitter but when the site launches we will be first no question. Same on Kontos/Bochy since its pretty local we get that stuff fast. Tebow we had before ESPN reported it on T.V (FACT) .

Salary can range from 30k to 150k if its high profile talent.

Draft saved Draft deleted