1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Los Angeles is an f'ing dump

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Oct 12, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Los Angeles isn't Palm Springs or Big Bear.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chapter 14 of Cannery Row is, IMO, the best chapter in literary history (at least from what I've read).

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This guy can help you get out of L.A. (or NYC)...

[​IMG]

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I never had that LA is a bucolic place image. I grew up watching Boyz in the Hood, Colors, listening to NWA....It always seemed a cesspool to me. There is an interesting documentary shown on HBO about 6 months ago called Bastards of the Party about the Bloods and the Crips and how they started and the decline of LA in the 1960s and 70s. Being from the Northeast, I know the story of the decline of NY and other urban areas, but it was interesting to see it from the West Coast perspective.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If you stay west, Malibu, Manhattan, Redondo, Hermosa, Huntington, Palos Verdes, Newport, its still pretty sweet. Yeah, the rest is an armpit.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Don't get me started on L.A.

7. San Diego is much better. Petty, it will take a long time before they screw that city up.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Whale's Vagina?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Great news from my LA County 4th District supervisor, Don Knabe, came in my weekly email this afternoon!!

http://www.knabe.com/safesurrender/index.html

Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe is pleased to announce that a baby boy was safely surrendered in the City of Los Angeles last week.

The newborn Hispanic male was surrendered at a Los Angeles City Fire Station in Boyle Heights on Monday, October 1 and is reported to be in good health. As is standard practice, the baby boy is in protective custody and will eventually be placed with a family approved for adoption by the Department of Children and Family Services.

Yay! I live in a place where politicians announce as good news when the mother of a child dumps their newborn at a fire station, instead of flushing him down the toilet or throwing him in a trash dumpster. Yay!

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

That's, um, quite a reach.

That's akin to announcing that L.A.'s English skills are improving because the graffiti is being spelled correctly.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I'm shedding a tear .....

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

After going to San Diego a couple years ago, I lost all desire to travel to Los Angeles.

Draft saved Draft deleted